hazing/misconduct

15 minutes ago, Beckham said:

Not the first time I've heard that. I had a former and a current student audition for Blue Stars this year. The older one was offered a contract but he chose to decline it and is marching elsewhere, (and having a blast I might add.) They both told me that they did not like the atmosphere at the camp. No one said anything bad specifically to them but from what they told me the whole atmosphere created by the veterans and staff just didn't feel like a place they would want to call home.

I felt this way when I auditioned for Phantom Regiment back in November 2002. I felt it was pretty cliquey and snobbish. I didn't make it, but kinda glad that I didn't, as I had no idea what tour was like, and I don't think I would have mentally made it through a season. 

Some people just don't have the mental and emotional capacity to march corps. It's in insanely difficult thing to do and you have to be in good emotional and mental shape because by the end of tour, you will have been severely tested.

• Like 5

On 10/5/2008 at 10:35 AM, Piper said:

That type of behaviour is counter-productive to the overall welfare of any orginization. I agree with a previous poster. Identify the slackers and non-hackers and weed them out. With 300+ members they are easily expendable.

Yes, because everything must be totally under control or the world will descend into chaos and we will all be left on our own to fend for ourselves against the wild beasts! 

8 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Yes, because everything must be totally under control or the world will descend into chaos and we will all be left on our own to fend for ourselves against the wild beasts! 

You do realize you're arguing with a 10 year old post...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

LaCrosse week where they have community performances, 5k run, and grand premiere. 

So other than the "home" show there really isn't any camps or practice time in the La Crosse area?

too bad -- kind of lost your identity... :(

but it's probably not like very many corps do all of their camps/rehearsals in their traditional home towns anymore anyways...

24 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Wow you really skewered me! Comments have been made for the last 9 hours on this topic so...I wonder how I could have missed the fact that the earlier posts were made 10 years ago. Everyone skims through this ####. You must be one of those guys who carries a skewer around with him everywhere he goes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tedrick said:

So other than the "home" show there really isn't any camps or practice time in the La Crosse area?

too bad -- kind of lost your identity... :(

but it's probably not like very many corps do all of their camps/rehearsals in their traditional home towns anymore anyways...

There's a week of moveins in LaCrosse. When the home show comes up they also practice in town leading up to that and Minnesota. Most corps have audition camps at satellite locations.  Alot of corps have camps after in warmer climates to avoid bad weather and play outside ( BAC Florida? Troopers texas)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bsader said:

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

old.jpg

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Bsader said:

Wow you really skewered me! Comments have been made for the last 9 hours on this topic so...I wonder how I could have missed the fact that the earlier posts were made 10 years ago. Everyone skims through this ####. You must be one of those guys who carries a skewer around with him everywhere he goes. 

Maybe take a Xanax and call it a night 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2