hazing/misconduct

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

noticing a trend about that corps on reddit for a while now.

If same corps which apparently it is... had problem years back following their procedures donating to member dues. Twice did not receive verification that the corps got the money. Since website said "the corps" will respond I emailed to check.  Response was to blame the member and....... sent me the members PERSONAL email in case I wanted to discuss it further. Part of my job is data and personal security and was floored about the email. Get the feeling they don't handle details well or just don't think certain things are important.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If same corps which apparently it is... had problem years back following their procedures donating to member dues. Twice did not receive verification that the corps got the money. Since website said "the corps" will respond I emailed to check.  Response was to blame the member and....... sent me the members PERSONAL email in case I wanted to discuss it further. Part of my job is data and personal security and was floored about the email. Get the feeling they don't handle details well or just don't think certain things are important.

....and with this latest incident of many, it’s time for the corps director to just go away and let someone else take over. The members are suffering because he refuses to let go of any control at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, fireshane1 said:

....and with this latest incident of many, it’s time for the corps director to just go away and let someone else take over. The members are suffering because he refuses to let go of any control at all.

a familiar theme...

• Like 6

8 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

I’ll just leave this here....

Has anyone here reported this to DCI yet? (Particularly someone who knows which corps this is, as several people here apparently do.) Seems like the kind of thing DCI would want to know about in this new age of attention to member safety.

4 hours ago, fireshane1 said:

Lost the email when I changed providers but think it wa s signed by the director or least signed for him. My thought was bleep shouldn't this be handled by financial part of the corps.

Edit now remember I deleted the email because it contained the personal email... PII....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

We're talking about Pioneer here, right?  I don't know why everyone feels the need to be so coy about it. We're all outraged but won't name the corps. Why?  Do you want to add "allegedly" then do that. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

We're talking about Pioneer here, right?  I don't know why everyone feels the need to be so coy about it. We're all outraged but won't name the corps. Why?  Do you want to add "allegedly" then do that. 

Agreed. If this is a valid allegation/complaint then it needs to be dealt with immediately. As a Pioneer alumni, I will 100% support that. 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Slingerland said:

And your reading comprehension skills suck. I noted that the YEA Board and organization was NOT the norm - if someone has an issue at Cavaliers, or Blue Devils, or Boston - any of the majors - you can bet your ### that those organizations will investigate and, if necessary, either bring changes or charges to the situation. Whatever happened at YEA and their culture doesn't  reflect how everyone else's organizations treat member safety. 

If you think those organizations will “investigate” mannnnn you really have high expectations for some of these drum corps. 

Ad I’ve seen them in person “shrugg” off a complaint and make their members feel like crap for even trying to report it. BOTH of those drum corps! 

• Thanks 1