hazing/misconduct

25 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So the real problem isn't what was going on in the corps. The real problem is how the victims got their stories out and how it might damage the corps. How dare they feel that was the only way to let others including other victims know what was going on. And how DARE they try to protect others.....

Blame the victims.....

Yes. I support the victims until it made my drum corps look bad....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, back at the Pioneer train wreck..... spread the word far and wide, people. Because DCI has established itself as a group of do nothings who will not act unless or until they feel their livelihoods could be personally threatened. Time to get our intrepid reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer involved again. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Meanwhile, back at the Pioneer train wreck..... spread the word far and wide, people. Because DCI has established itself as a group of do nothings who will not act unless or until they feel their livelihoods could be personally threatened. Time to get our intrepid reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer involved again. 

Seems like she’s moved on.  Sent her stuff, no response.  

Sad there is an urgent need for a thread such as this, but there is. In the past few weeks I been attacked from what only can be trolls and shills associated with dci. It's been insinuated that they don't appreciate me being on this side of the ground, right. How ironic is for them to act like this over a simple post, when it just blows up in their faces, there vails are lifted and the true nature of a dictatorship is exposed. Bullying does not work on most folks today and is not the way to address, hide or duck your head in the sand about anything.

Any large corporation and they all face discrimation and abuse issues use internet robots to police these types of issues removeing the good olde boy human element. Your alerted to your issue and your boss is copied, if the non-compliance is not corrected then your boss becomes part of the problem and the robots keep escalating all the way up to the CEO. Very simple thing to accomplish.

The MM's need a despoitory a place to log their issues and be provided a comfort level that does not lead to repercussions. Are provided with status updates of where things stand and actions underway to resolve abuse and other isues. If dci does not want to be part of a network of non-complicance what is stopping  concerned parents and other individuals setting it up themselves. The internet is a powerful tool, like being flogged in the public square, word spreads quickly that this govering body means business whether it's run inside or alonside dci's purview.

• Like 3

As a parent, if I had to pay $2900 tuition fees for my kid to march at Pioneer (even though it’s the “lowest fees in world class”) just to find out they were being treated like garbage, I would be livid. Hell, I’m angry already about how these kids, who just wanted an opportunity to march corps, are being treated, and I don’t know any of them.

Edited by JohnZ
inappropriate comment
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Have any of you contacted DCI about your concerns? If you have, I am just curious as to what kind of response you've received (if any) from DCI.

Well I have not but can. If the issues placed on dci doorstep recently isn't a heads up I doubt someone like me pointing to the oblivious would make a difference. However to cover ones bases to insure all concerned are aware and not just being blindsided is not a bad thing. Maybe we all need to cut out a paper heart write down our concerns, send them to dci and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’ll say this again since you always ignore it:

the avenue you prefer was known to be a closed door. They white washed years of financial mismanagement 

The avenue I preferred was exactly what they eventually did - go public with their accusations.  Within 24 hours GH had resigned. If you believe that the door was shut because of finances (which have nothing to do with sexual assault) then it should be clear to you that going public was the ONLY way something was going to happen. And if you believe as I do that the problem was in the restrictions imposed by the law, then you come to the same conclusion. 

If you want to call that blaming the victim then there is no persuading you. The fact that you even raise the issue of financial management makes me think that you have an agenda that has nothing to do with the victims. 

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

The avenue I preferred was exactly what they eventually did - go public with their accusations.  Within 24 hours GH had resigned. If you believe that the door was shut because of finances (which have nothing to do with sexual assault) then it should be clear to you that going public was the ONLY way something was going to happen. And if you believe as I do that the problem was in the restrictions imposed by the law, then you come to the same conclusion. 

If you want to call that blaming the victim then there is no persuading you. The fact that you even raise the issue of financial management makes me think that you have an agenda that has nothing to do with the victims. 

I'm not getting into if you are correct or not BUT will say that I said this early on with many who posted about the situation., Some at the time talked, almost immediately, about What GH did to the activity as far as design, electronics etc etc, SO YES I personally do think many did have another agenda. I'm not saying it about Jeff or any one individual. 

Sometimes a vehicle takes an agenda to a very different place. I'm not even sure some people understood that is what they were doing BUT do know for sure many who did engage in this   did  know exactly what they did. This does not change the fact that the victims needed support and to be believed.

Edited by GUARDLING