hazing/misconduct

Deservingly so this thread is taking on a life of it's own. However if nothing substantial occurs what's the sense. How can one experience change if everything stays the same as it's always been. Change does not occur from lip service, powerless policy documents or useless forums that have no intention of taking their head out of the sand. What has this forum done for the MMs and their parents if bad actors just keep doing what they been doing unabated?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Deservingly so this thread is taking on a life of it's own. However if nothing substantial occurs what's the sense. How can one experience change if everything stays the same as it's always been. Change does not occur from lip service, powerless policy documents or useless forums that have no intention of taking their head out of the sand. What has this forum done for the MMs and their parents if bad actors just keep doing what they been doing unabated?

That is what is worrying to me....for all the talk that we’re doing, will anything really happen? Has anyone tried to wrestle the reins from Roman before, only to have him win out in the end and continue to do the status quo at Pioneer? 

Btw, has anyone heard how the MMs are holding up? Threads on Reddit have either been locked or not updated in a few days.

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Not just a good, but great thought. I think for starters, the fact this is being discussed at all is a start. Where it goes... I don't know. There was massive change for the better earlier this season. I could care less how much credit this forum gets for it. It happened.

What can people do as an individual? At least guide young people who want to perform to organizations that you know and trust as well run and where they're treated right. It has an effect.

49 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Did you have paperwork to prove the donation to an individual member? Just wondering as I’ve used standard deduction since interest on the house hit a low enough level. One good thing about living in the same place forever

Yes I had a copy of the receipt I received and submitted it with everything else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Many of us have reported a good many things over the years 

3 minutes ago, fireshane1 said:

Has anyone tried to wrestle the reins from Roman before, only to have him win out in the end and continue to do the status quo at Pioneer? 

I don't know about taking absolute control... but yes, I know of someone who tried to effect positive change there and left very disappointed and frustrated.

As for continuing the status quo...now that this is out there, only the most gullible/foolish/desperate potential members would consider performing there. I could and would easily guide them to about 15 DCA organizations where they'd have a far better experience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And if the reports went to DCI, this is very troubling. 

Not always to dci no. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Many of us have reported a good many things over the years 

I am sure you have and will continue to do so. You seem to have influence over dci somewhat, use it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes I had a copy of the receipt I received and submitted it with everything else

Well when you paperwork back... kidding.... kind of....