hazing/misconduct

Ok who are “we” that make the MMs do anything?

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Number 2 happens constantly.  Everywhere on here. 

It’s how people talk.  You start a conversation about one thing and it always veers off in a different direction. 

It's a balance to be sure.  I think it is fine when things veer off a little for a few posts, or when a thread is peppered with fun little semi-relevant things here and there.  The problem with interjecting politics that are not relevant to the topic, however, is that people won't ever stop arguing back and forth and the topic is completely lost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok who are “we” that make the MMs do anything?

We is relative, doesn't need to include you or anyone else. I was just assuming we have somewhat of a collective though going in the same direction that we was appropriate. 

15 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Maybe public flogging is the way to go. It seems to work. Sometimes it would be deserved and sometimes not. But every corps should be worried about their public relations. 

This stuff going on at Pioneer sounds like it should be public flogging. When you have a director who is purposefully being a you know what and unashamed of it. Public flogging worked with a certain corps in the Northeast when it was deserved. 

Heck, that was the ONLY thing that worked.  

I tried to do things quietly six years ago about a sex offender. No one listened except one conscientious college president.  From the drum corps people, I got threats and intimidation.  

Squeaky wheel and all that...it works. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Number 2 happens constantly.  Everywhere on here. 

It’s how people talk.  You start a conversation about one thing and it always veers off in a different direction. 

since the beginning of DCP.  we do our best to try to stay out of the way of meaningful conversation, and regularly allow it to morph as long as it stays meaningful, relevant and respectful.

removed the political and personal junk - carry on. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understand some corps don’t allow members to post or even read dcp. And doubt if the corps know who is posting on reddit or stuff would really hit the fan.

I am all for things hitting the fan. I don't buy into that "not allowed to post here part". Posting anonymously here is something a fifth grader would be able to do in their sleep. Considering the MMs are among the brightest bulbs on the tree, it's a walk in the park for any of them to spoof this site. Could it be they choose reddit to steer away from individuals who may have their own lively hoods in mind that fear change and may not have their best interests in mind, reporting everything to the hive mind? Are you smarter than a 5th grader, me no and I am lightyears behind our MMs.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

17 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am all for things hitting the fan. I don't buy into that "not allowed to post here part". Posting anonymously here is something a fifth grader would be able to do in their sleep. Considering the MMs are among the brightest bulbs on the tree, it's a walk in the park for any of them to spoof this site. Could it be they choose reddit to steer away from individuals who may have their own lively hoods in mind that fear change and may not have their best interests in mind, reporting everything to the hive mind? Are you smarter than a 5th grader, me no and I am lightyears behind our MMs.

It is true. There have been times when warned for one thing or another MMs have been sent home for not listening. I have even been part of that mess a few times. This is not just a DCI thing, Bands, as well as Winter programs, have discussed this with members or potential members. YES, one can find a way around it and are smart how to do this BUT if caught after warned it usually doesn't turn out good.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

It is true. There have been times when warned for one thing or another MMs have been sent home for not listening. I have even been part of that mess a few times. This is not just a DCI thing, Bands, as well as Winter programs, have discussed this with members or potential members. YES, one can find a way around it and are smart how to do this BUT if caught after warned it usually doesn't turn out good.

Usual reason given is don't want members to read nasty reviews or comments and have it get in their head IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Heck, that was the ONLY thing that worked.  

I tried to do things quietly six years ago about a sex offender. No one listened except one conscientious college president.  From the drum corps people, I got threats and intimidation.  

Squeaky wheel and all that...it works. 

Dear Terri, I never post on here. Go to Cadets thread...As a former Cadet I called them out on something and people just pounced me! Ha ha! Was talking about that monster being in the thumbnail of a video on yea/Cadets YouTube channel...he is still there too and center and these guys are telling me that the back of a man blonde hair and beard addressing Corps was not him...unless he has a twin I called it for what is was...how dare I

• Sad 1