hazing/misconduct

1 hour ago, dooser11 said:

I am sure the Philadelphia reporter would jump on this story especially with Pioneer in their back yard this coming week.

Probably take too long to verify before corps is here and gone. Plus Cadets are basically in Phillys backyard. Midwest stories would be meh...

23 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

So far my comments have been limited to Pioneer’s current BoD and the lack of accountability. The reddit thread concerns past seasons, correct? Am I missing something from the current season other than the mm with the medical issue?

I heard the following ...

The Corps director refused the members medical access
Bad treatment of members by staff
A few circumstances where the kids didn't eat for 12+ hours
Members were threatened that making reports will result in being cut and sent home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Members were threatened that making reports will result in being cut and sent home

If I had a child marching, I'd tell the corps send him/her home now.  How many of these mm will even consider marching with Pioneer next year?  After the word gets around not only in the DCI community, but the various band organizations, it might be the final nail in Pioneer's coffin.  And that doesn't make me very happy with that possibility.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I heard the following ...

The Corps director refused the members medical access
Bad treatment of members by staff
A few circumstances where the kids didn't eat for 12+ hours

And not being allowed to make reports referred to DCIs new reporting procedures. So members being told to not tell DCI apparently 

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If I had a child marching, I'd tell the corps send him home now.  How many of these mm will even consider marching with Pioneer next year?  After the word gets around not only in the DCI community, but the various band organizations, it might be the final nail in Pioneer's coffin.  And that doesn't make me very happy with that possibility.

If all of this is true, a total and absolute shakeup would save things. There are certain aspects the corps provides that would make it very worthwhile under a proper leadership and guidance structure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigW said:

If all of this is true, a total and absolute shakeup would save things. There are certain aspects the corps provides that would make it very worthwhile under a proper leadership and guidance structure.

All well and good, but they might still end up with a very small corps that is not very talented.  Dropping down to OC might be a better option.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

All well and good, but they might still end up with a very small corps that is not very talented.  Dropping down to OC might be a better option.

Sure! That should be an option that's seriously explored. I'd think it would be a likely outcome.