hazing/misconduct

On 7/24/2018 at 6:37 PM, Bluzes said:

Also when full retreats were common at most shows. The corps would find a space along the backfield to neatly place their instruments and one corps member would watch over them all show.

I remember those days.

We always chose rookies for the "guard the equipment" job.  LOL.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep never choose me heck they only give me one drum stick (bass drummer) though I would loose the other. Great memories and who da thought a one stick drummer would still be around today.

19 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I remember those days.

heh. It was kind of an honor when I marched in 2005, since it only ever happened once (at finals).

17 hours ago, Icer said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

And your reading comprehension skills suck. I noted that the YEA Board and organization was NOT the norm - if someone has an issue at Cavaliers, or Blue Devils, or Boston - any of the majors - you can bet your ### that those organizations will investigate and, if necessary, either bring changes or charges to the situation. Whatever happened at YEA and their culture doesn't  reflect how everyone else's organizations treat member safety. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fireshane1 said:

I’ll just leave this here....

When I was 16 the Glassmen dropped me off and went to pick something up at the store while we were inside. Said call us when you're almost done and they picked us up right after. They called to let my mom know I was going in but couldnt do much else after i handed my card and info. So from my experience seems normal. 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’d be furious. I wasn’t happy when I read this earlier.  

I am furious.  Corps admins are "in locus parentis" just like school staff. Good lawyers sometimes remind them of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, fireshane1 said:

I’ll just leave this here....

It's been my experience underage or not the member is taken for medical attention BUT someone always stays with them until it is decided what is to be done next. If the corps moves on to the next location that person stays with the member.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

When I was 16 the Glassmen dropped me off and went to pick something up at the store while we were inside. Said call us when you're almost done and they picked us up right after. They called to let my mom know I was going in but couldnt do much else after i handed my card and info. So from my experience seems normal. 

all depends on State's law, hospital's interpretation of HIPPA, and what was the original or functional pre-diagnosis that brought one to the ER or clinic.  Corps can be sued for preferring picking up more juicy roll-offs than making sure their member is getting the best care, the best follow-through, and that affirmation that the pain in the stomach isn't a burst appendix with peritonitis but poor digestion from eating too quickly at EPL.