hazing/misconduct

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It reminds me in a way of when I was in military.  For the last 15 years I was on various Headquarters staffs, including 2 tours at Pentagon (I have a somewhat unique skill set that they needed at the time).  anyway, I dealt a lot with Generals, and saw a lot as well.  If I as a Major or Lt Col had pulled some of these stunts (using government funds inappropriately, adultery, & security violations (at least one of which lead to US military members getting killed or injured, etc), I would have been at the least posted to some undesirable, remote location, or, more likely court-martialed (and rightly so!).  But, the Generals just could not bring themselves to discipline each other.  A few of the incidents did make it into the news, and still the worst that came of it would be a reprimand.

DCI is acting the same way.  What will it take to get their attention?

a huge lawsuit going after them or putting a corps out of business

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Proposals submitted this coming Winter may have more to do with off the field items than on the field.

I suggested something similar to this back in the spring, but here goes again:

DCI needs to put policies on inappropriate relationships, no staff with history of sexual abuse, as well as spell out precisely what is required from a health & safety standpoint into the official DCI rulebook.   Probably in the same section as the age requirements.  And lay out penalties, to include immediate disqualification for current season & perhaps the following season for violations.  If a Corps self-reports (like SCV in 89 w/r/t overage members), and takes swift and bold action to address the problem, then some sort of lesser penalty.  Any whiff of stonewalling or a coverup leads to immediate disqualification.

People will say 'its not fair for the kids'.  No it is not.  Life is not fair.  If they want to blame someone, have them look at their Corps leadership.

Zero tolerance. 

Zero.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

he's been touting that line for months. he wont change his mind

I wouldn’t think of speaking for these brave women but maybe they were waiting for everyone to feel comfortable with the scrutiny that they were going to have to endure before going public.  Safety in numbers.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

All the power in the world does no good if they won't use it appropriately when required

This has moved from carelessness to abuse now.  Screaming at sick kids?  This corps skews lower in age, too. 

WTF?  It needs to stop now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This has moved from carelessness to abuse now.  Screaming at sick kids?  This corps skews lower in age, too. 

WTF?  It needs to stop now. 

Agree.  If DCI does not fix it with this Corps (pending confirmation), then they won't do it anywhere.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just saw that. I told them to contact dci

• Like 1