hazing/misconduct

This situation is intolerable. If DCI does not have the power to step in, then the member corps (for their own self-interests if nothing else) had better give DCI the power before Academy adds a new tombstone: DCI 1972-2018. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

This situation is intolerable. If DCI does not have the power to step in, then the member corps (for their own self-interests if nothing else) had better give DCI the power before Academy adds a new tombstone: DCI 1972-2018. 

And here I thought we’d left the “put some dirt on it” era behind.  Way behind us 

• Like 1

Much drama this year. Much absurdity, too.

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Much drama this year. Much absurdity, too.

At least you understand, been following thread seems something bad happen lately and band thing happened 10 years ago. Is the UoW band back on field today, if so and assume they are. I am sure dci & Corps will take proper steps to correct. If I had a clue of the specifics I would have an understanding why some are saying it's the end of dci? Please don't explain, I like being in the dark about these things..

Just thinking out loud...

All this "DCI needs to do something" stuff is certainly well-intentioned, but it seems like the only way to accomplish the kind of true oversight necessary (on a variety of levels) would be to scrap the entire DCI operating model and start over from scratch to create some sort of actual comprehensive governing body, made up of an independent board of directors and administrative team and NOT of current individual DCI corps directors. In the early 70's, the corps directors wrestled control over their destinies from the old service posts and the end result was DCI, the corps making the rules, the corps in charge of themselves, etc. It was a radical concept at the time and for a while it seemed to work. Clearly, in this day and age, it seems as if an activity of this scope simply cannot be run this way anymore. Maybe all these concerned voices here and elsewhere should be lobbying their brain power, energy and efforts into the formation of a true drum corps governing body, one that seeks not only to foster the growth and safety of current corps (of all ages), but putting forth a strong effort into the creation and development of NEW corps all over the country (and world?) to help expand the activity, something the current DCI model has historically been incapable of doing by nature of its intended design. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone involved at the higher levels of DCI would have any interest in going back to the drawing board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This was posted last year on Reddit: 

Thanks sad would have much rather been in the dark.

I suggested in the past that it might be better for Pioneer to go to DCA; but would DCA want them? Yeah, this is going to sound incredibly cruel; but if Pioneer were to fold, I wouldn't miss them in the least. That corps is a caricature and is going absolutely nowhere. This was supposed to be a huge breakout year for Pioneer. It's more like another breakout bust. That organization has way too many issues to continue in World Class. 

• Thanks 2