Cadets Announce A Season Of Celebration

Being as Hopkins was the one who pushed electronics moreso than anyone else, I believe they will use electronics to their advantage. I just want a show that makes light of electronics/narration (if any at all) rather than put a big bunch of words and then cut down. I think just like a horn book, there could be sections that are slightly adapted or altered. Maybe there will be a bigger change like a whole passage. I want quality to begin with and then tweak it as it goes along, rather than try a whole bunch of stuff that does not work and just craps all over the rest of the show.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show will have good music (as usual) good drill (as usual) probably some dumb props that we have seen from previous Cadet shows and there WILL be narration and electronic music/synthesizers. If you want the Cadets to "return to the good 'ol days" of the '80's you are probably going to be dissapointed due to the fact that electronics will still be used. Hopkins pushed for electronics so it would be amazing for him not to actually use them.

Sorry Cadets, I'm probably going to place another * next to your show.

*= a good show musically and visually with an annoying story line.

Sorry Cadets, I'm probably going to place another * next to your show.

*= a good show musically and visually with an annoying story line.

Wow. So negative and the season hasn't even started yet...for shame.

For everyone's information, electronics passed 100% by the educators at all corps, which then went before the directors. I doubt Hopkins could influence every single instructor.

I don't care if there is electronic stuff, narration or people in scary clown make-up. Just go back to amazing me like you did in 2000, and so many other years. Just my opinion...

I hope they use whatever tools they think will provide them with the best possible show. Electronics especially would be nice in a Bernstein show. Singers singing some of the great WSS tunes would be one way to make it fresh for drum corps...maybe a nice duet performing "Maria".

You are the devil.