Cadets Announce A Season Of Celebration

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Still LOVE Bawker's Signature. The best on this Forum. :tongue:VERY EPIC FAIL !!!

Edited by Perry S

Why not do some different Bernstein or different Copland pieces, Cadets/Garfield Cadets/Cadets of Bergen County/Holy Name Cadets?

They have a talented arranging staff. Why not take, say, Copland's Clarinet Concerto, and create a new instant classic instead of trying to cram wine that has turned into vinegar into new bottles and calling it wine? Yeah, I'm all stream-of-consciousness right now, sorry, I'm in a hurry. I just hope to see something slightly fresh on the field from the corps.

Why not do some different Bernstein or different Copland pieces, Cadets/Garfield Cadets/Cadets of Bergen County/Holy Name Cadets?

They have a talented arranging staff. Why not take, say, Copland's Clarinet Concerto, and create a new instant classic instead of trying to cram wine that has turned into vinegar into new bottles and calling it wine? Yeah, I'm all stream-of-consciousness right now, sorry, I'm in a hurry. I just hope to see something slightly fresh on the field from the corps.

Chichester Psalms gets my vote.

I have faith Cadets will bring an exciting, crowd-pleasing show next year.

Good luck.

I also have faith in the Cadets....I'm sure whatever they choose to do, I will enjoy it, but if they put out something like 1997, 2000, or 2005....I will be very happy :satisfied:

NOT to be a jerk, but...

...still waiting for Cadets to top their 2000 show, which is one of my favorite DCI shows of ALL TIME.

Don't think they'll be topping it anytime soon with electronics, narration or anything else other than fast paced, powerful, in your face drum corps.

Putting electronics and narration on a fast paced powerful in your face drum corps show is like putting a parking boot on a race car.

Putting electronics and narration on a fast paced powerful in your face drum corps show is like baking the world's tastiest chocolate chip cookie and dipping it in vinegar before serving it.

Putting electronics and narration on a fast paced powerful in your face drum corps show is like a turd making fun of a sunset.

I AM NOT A CADETS HATER.

I just want the Cadets I used to love to come back.

Cadets 2000 is definitely my favorite show from them (and one of my all-time favorites). Even though they had a little bit of narration in 2005, I still thought they had an incredible show, one that has also become a favorite of mine. That's why I'm hoping they will use electronics sparingly (2005) and not go overboard (2006). As long as Hopkins uses the electronics wisely, then I believe he could give the Cadets a show that will be a big fan favorite.