That thump you just heard was my father rolling over in his grave

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That line goes right up there with Gen. George A. Custer saying, "Dont worry...those look like friendly indians" right before the Battle of Little Big Horn.

:thumbup:

:thumbup::worthy::worthy:

I would think he meant the entire corps...not just the hornline.

i am referring to the whole corps. yeah the visual had some deficiencies, but I don't think they got the musical credit they deserved. and if they had, it would have overcome the visual issues and had them in finals.

i am referring to the whole corps. yeah the visual had some deficiencies, but I don't think they got the musical credit they deserved. and if they had, it would have overcome the visual issues and had them in finals.

Oh, I disagree on that. I saw them in Philly late season and was surprised at their show, even musically. IMO they were just not very good in 2002. Seeing their brass scores on recaps from champs, IMO they got more brass credit than they deserved that year. The visual program, esp the guard, was not even close to a finals quality show when I saw them.

That's why I have been so happy with the turnaround since then..their 2005 show was and is my personal favorite Scouts show ever...going back to 1970 when I first saw them.

oh i agree on the visual, and if i can pick that out, it's an issue. but their percussion was much better than they got.

where's the word synths or synthesizers on the last page? I remember Moog. I thought this thread was about that kind of electronic...

...from what i've read there's narration (with mikes in drum corps), mikes for instruments and synths, different topics in my mind 1 2 3

i'm confused.

Edit to change punctuation in last sentence. 'mikes' is my way of saying microphones; Mic is a name of a trumpet player, in my mind. I had thought synthesizers was an electronic instrument for the rhythm section. I'll refrain from posting on this forum. My apologies.

Edited by lindap

Big frikin deal. The Madison Scouts are using a synth. So are alot of other drum corps. They are doing it to keep up with the joneses so to speak and to stay competitive. DCI has made it perfectly clear what corps need to bring to the table to be competitive and it includes amplified pit, voice and the use of synth. The world will not end. We'll see how you all feel in July when every Scouts supporter is #### -ing themselves over the Scouts show no matter how good or bad they may be. They are simply doing what it current in DCI.

You know my man, it is a really big deal to a whole lot of people. You are a really negative poster, an agitator on anything MADISON. They are our precious Madison Scouts, you need to find a diffrent outlet for your anger. I am going to have to find out from MIKE, when he is here for the holidays , on what your bag is. Put a face to your posts. My two cents is that I hate it, but I love Drum Corps. Cant wait to throw on the jacket and head out to the 1st practice. Its the experience that keeps me involved so it is a really big deal to this DCI fan. It bumms me out every time I see your signature pop up on here on anything. Nothing really positive out of you. Its to bad cause Madison has a really good thing going right now, we made finals last year and the Corps was good. Mabye we need to get you to a show here in Madison and give you the experience that so many people receive year in and year out. Come and hang out with your alums from SW, and meet the big family we have. Madison will be Madison G bugles or not. Clowns or not. Girls or not. Synths or not. There is alot more to Drum Corps than just the Corps. But it dosent suck to have a good one right where you live.

Peace,

Jason

Low Brass 82-89

I would think he meant the entire corps...not just the hornline.

Of course I did, and he knew that. Unfortunately, the conspiracy theories (especially when it comes to certain corps) will always abound.

I think this is great news. Madison fans are gonna #### themselves for the next 10 months.

I think basically everyone who is against electronics is going to be doing that. Madison just happens to be the first to announce that they are looking for a synthesizer player. I am a Madison fan, and although I haven't soiled myself over this I was surprised. I thought they might not go this direction since they never jumped on the narration bandwagon. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure Madison will incorporate the synthesizer tastefully and sparingly.

Edited by BigSnareline