Santa Clara Vanguard Announces 2009 Show

yes others played it before Vanguard did, but that 76, and later, versions were the best of the lot by far. It was thiers and no one in thier right mind would attmept to do it, or should have, until Cadets one upped them.

How anyone could be tired of one of the greatest pieces of music is beyond me. Vanguard could do it every year and it would be fresh and new every time in thier hands.

Besides, they need to do something to make me forget 2004.

Regards,

John

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is ironic. Yesterday, I watched the Simpsons on Fox... the episode that normally airs on Sunday nights. Anyway, the episode had to do with Lisa becoming a Ballerina to make Marge's dream come true. There was an explicit reference to Martha Graham. Then later on, I watched a Bellagio Fountain video on YouTube that was choreographed to Appalachian Spring... Simple Gifts I think. Then I opened up my e-mail and got the eVanguardian e-letter which announced their 2009 program.

COOL EH?

I'd rather see Clue! I've heard App Spring. I've seen Martha Graham shows (glassmen) I want something different. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be great no matter what. There are other corps that will bring something else to the field.

Phew, thank you for saying it first. Now I get to see if you get gunned down, before I admit that I agree completely. :smile: