Drum Corp Scout Units

I have a qustion that the membership should be able to answer. Which Drum Drum Corps was started as or has started a Scout Unit? Either a Boy Scout, Explorer Unit or Venturing Crew?

Obviously the Madison Scouts come to mind but who else? Also do those units act as Scout units today and participate in functions?

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial Knights (Brighton Scouts), Senators (14th Eastleigh), 234 Bristol changed to??... The British scout bands changing to independents list is huge. The scout movement was just too restrictive.

Edited by AlanAndreasen

Coulda sworn the Cavaliers also were...

If I recall correctly, the Cavaliers began as a Scout enity. Don Warren was a Scoutmaster.

Other Midwest Scout corps were St Paul Scouts, Wisconsin Rapids Scouts, plus the Racine Scouts who are still active.

VK is a venture group of the Boys Scouts

VK and Kingsmen were formed when the Anaheim Scouts disbanded.

It could be that many corps were "scout" groups for the insurance benefits. The Troopers were insured through a scouting organization (and may still be). But the corps itself was not an outgrowth of a scouting organization as far as I know.

It could be that many corps were "scout" groups for the insurance benefits. The Troopers were insured through a scouting organization (and may still be). But the corps itself was not an outgrowth of a scouting organization as far as I know.

Pioneer too, through the Explorer Scouts IIRC.

Four Lakes Council Boy Scouts = Madison Scouts

Troop #111 Boy Scouts = The Cavaliers

Indianhead Council Boy Scouts = St. Paul Scouts

Years ago the now defunct Kingston (NY) Indians were a scout troop drum corps, if memory serves me correctly. And of course, there are our neighbors from Canada: Preston Scout House! Formerly a junior corps, they are now an Alumni Corps.