• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Harrison, NJ in 2012 :worthy:

I'd be game for that.

For what it's worth, here's a picture of the home side at UB:

HPIM1029.JPG

I marched at the DCI show here in 2003. Good crowd, lots of DCA corps like Cru and Brigs also in attendance to make it a pretty good night. That home side easily seats more than Paetec.

A nicer one might be Michie Stadium at West Point; HUGE front side stands w/ a double deck. Plus it's the Army- can't beat the patriotic connection there:

03army583.jpg

Just saw an aerial view of UB Stadium... isnt the field far away from the field?? Wouldnt that be a major problem?

How about Harrison, NJ in 2012 :worthy:

:worthy:RedBull-Aerial-People_copyright_SM.jpg

A nicer one might be Michie Stadium at West Point; HUGE front side stands w/ a double deck. Plus it's the Army- can't beat the patriotic connection there:

03army583.jpg

nice stadium but complete logistical nightmare. on any given Saturday there is a home game if you're not in line to get in the entrance to West Point by 8:30-9 AM you will not be in your seats to watch the game until the first 1/4 of the game is DONE. WPDH 101.5 FM local station to the stadium, has been doing a weekly analysis of the situation and how bad it has gotten this season. *their morning announcer announces the games for Army so he has been seeing it first hand. it's not a hey i heard traffic was bad kind of thing.*

add to it: no direct highway access, no abundance of local hotels to stadium.

yes i'd love to see a finals weekend that local. i'd love to see it there from a family connection standpoint, as my grandfather was a USMA coach. but i unfortunately think we'd lose more fans than anything else attempting to do this there.

nice stadium but complete logistical nightmare.

On the money, Liz. I've been there several times over the years.

The big diffference between Michie Stadium and the Naval Academy stadium in Annapolis is that Michie is actually on the grounds of the military academy, which, like you said, makes for a logistical nightmare. The Navy stadium is "off campus" in Annapolis.

Fran