Restarting the Madison Jr. Scouts

You are right. I allowed myself to get into a negative fight. That is my responsibility. I discussed this with someone else through PM. Sort of snapped me out of it. Just because others post that way doesn't mean I have to respond in kind.

Thanks for the support.

Hey David...I need to apologize for getting all snarky recently as well. I'm just frustrated right now. I'm not going to support the Madison Jr. Scouts until the Madison Scouts are supported in the way THEY need to be supported. My money would go there and here to the Academy and to the Regiment before any would go to the Jr. Scouts.

But, you know...I was out of line to so harshly dismiss your's and Jason's venture. You guys go for it. I just won't be able to support it however.

Edited by Tom Brace

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey David...I need to apologize for getting all snarky recently as well. I'm just frustrated right now. I'm not going to support the Madison Jr. Scouts until the Madison Scouts are supported in the way THEY need to be supported. My money would go there and here to the Academy and to the Regiment before any would go to the Jr. Scouts.

But, you know...I was out of line to so harshly dismiss your's and Jason's venture. You guys go for it. I just won't be able to support it however.

Thanks Tom. You have to make your financial decisions as you feel appropriate and I would never criticize you for that. We do hope that MJS will be able to help MS. That is one of our main goals.

This is interesting stuff...especially since I mentioned to a friend of mine who's affiliated with Cap Sound that I saw this posting and was impressed that the BoD of Cap Sound was supporting it. Much to my amazement, he indicated that the BoD hasn't been approached by anyone and hasn't given any offer of support.

So, my question is...What the deuce? I frankly think that, given CS's inactivity, this might be a good venture to give local events some drum corps participation, but if there really isn't Cap Sound support, then why say there is.

Gentlemen, can you please address this?

This is interesting stuff...especially since I mentioned to a friend of mine who's affiliated with Cap Sound that I saw this posting and was impressed that the BoD of Cap Sound was supporting it. Much to my amazement, he indicated that the BoD hasn't been approached by anyone and hasn't given any offer of support.

So, my question is...What the deuce? I frankly think that, given CS's inactivity, this might be a good venture to give local events some drum corps participation, but if there really isn't Cap Sound support, then why say there is.

I have not spoken personally to anyone on the Cap Sound BoD. I was told that they were approached and verbally agreed to allow MJS use of their horns, at the least. If this is not the case, than I was told something that was not true.

That's the best information that I can supply at this time.

Sir. Your heart is in the right place. Support the Corps, this is a buisness adventure. This is for them to have some help, that being the Madison Scouts and hell mabye it will be big enough to help a couple other Corps I know about. This is small compared to what they have going on, so if I can make this work and let them deal with DCI, mabye we can get that big a-- trophy back in town. Thats the plan. Waana know where that plan originated? The Golf Dome Practice! One of the greatest nights ever. Bar none.

Thanks for your presence, give your money to the Madison Scouts!

Jason

This IS interesting stuff, and sir I can tell you without a dought, someone on the board knows about this. Just so you know, this has just started. Date for meeting #2 has not even been posted. We dont even have the plan in writing to the board yet. Relax.

Wanna come to the meeting? Its next Thur. Remember-#2 Not many people know yet.

If you come you will know more than them.

Jason

My whole goal, is to support my WORLD CLASS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS! Its sad that a few people in this world think they know it all. I stll say I put this thread in the right forum. Mabye this is Drum Corps problem. HMMMMMMMMMM!

Jason

2009 Madison Scouts Rule!

My whole goal, is to support my WORLD CLASS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS! Its sad that a few people in this world think they know it all. I stll say I put this thread in the right forum. Mabye this is Drum Corps problem. HMMMMMMMMMM!

Jason

2009 Madison Scouts Rule!

I think moving it here was the right choice. While you may want to provide something to the Scouts, you are really looking to create a corps of, as I understand it, middle school aged kids who will do parades and the like. If your main goal is to support the Scouts, and not those kids, you may have trouble. Anything you can do to help the Scouts has to be secondary to the welfare and focus on the kids you want to have join your corps...IMO.

This is probably one of those threads that could be a cross-over thread. That is, it fits somewhat in either forum. I would have initially said World Class also because this is not going to be an Open Class corps. It is going to be a parade/standstill corps that will hopefully be able to benefit the Scouts some. Since Scouts are World Class, I thought it fit better there than in Open Class which MJS is not going to be.

However, I don't think it's much to make a fuss about.