Restarting the Madison Jr. Scouts

This came out of nowhere. Cant live in the past, my man. Always looking forward.

Jason-

I respect the madison scouts.. always have... I just don't respect some of the members from the past two years.. they were being quite classless, but they were lucky they didn't ruin it for the whole organization, and you have many great stand up guys.

As for the jr. corps idea, you should have just presented it a little clearer here on DCP... I understand its still VERY early. I also understand that you didn't create the first post, and your quote was a rambling off the top of the head post that has now turned into something more serious and organized. I just think the thread was premature at the beginning, but it doesn't matter now.

If your idea works, it would be a great thing for the Scouts, and it would help get some kids involved, and just give them another choice of what to do... I can even see this growing into something bigger. I give moral support, because that is all I can give right now, and hope this business adventure works for you and the Madison Scouts. Just be as clear as you can in what you want.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason-

I respect the madison scouts.. always have... I just don't respect some of the members from the past two years.. they were being quite classless, but they were lucky they didn't ruin it for the whole organization, and you have many great stand up guys.

As for the jr. corps idea, you should have just presented it a little clearer here on DCP... I understand its still VERY early. I also understand that you didn't create the first post, and your quote was a rambling off the top of the head post that has now turned into something more serious and organized. I just think the thread was premature at the beginning, but it doesn't matter now.

If your idea works, it would be a great thing for the Scouts, and it would help get some kids involved, and just give them another choice of what to do... I can even see this growing into something bigger. I give moral support, because that is all I can give right now, and hope this business adventure works for you and the Madison Scouts. Just be as clear as you can in what you want.

More clear, This is just coming to me and it evolves everyday. Talked to Spanos today, Still do not have a diffinitive on horns and drums, waiting for that phone call from @@@@@@@. Second meeting is next Thur. At PEDROS WEST,here in MADISON. Free FOOD! Anyone can come.

Jason- Hope to see you all there!

Edited by thirdcoast

Mabye we need to re-think the name. What do you think?

Jason

I'm open to suggestions. The goals will still be the same, no?

I'm open to suggestions. The goals will still be the same, no?

Yep!

They are all still invited to the next meeting though. Anyone can go. No hard feelings. I just have to work harder. I should have my Bugle Sunday. Guess what I get to do this weekend?

Jason

Edited by thirdcoast

I am curious as to who gave the OK on using capital sounds horns. As far as I know they are up for sale and that is all. I think a lot of this argument could be avoided with some facts and definite names in the future. I hate seeing any good corps slandered at all, especially one that I am an Alumni of.

Speaking of the argument I agree with everyone who mentioned pan-flutes, chill pills, and relaxing. I don't come on DCP much and all the crap that has been flung around on this thread as well as on this entire site is the reason. Drum Corps is about honor, dignity, and the pursuit of excellence. It seems to me that many people on this forum have forgotten what that means.

I am curious as to who gave the OK on using capital sounds horns. As far as I know they are up for sale and that is all. I think a lot of this argument could be avoided with some facts and definite names in the future. I hate seeing any good corps slandered at all, especially one that I am an Alumni of.

Speaking of the argument I agree with everyone who mentioned pan-flutes, chill pills, and relaxing. I don't come on DCP much and all the crap that has been flung around on this thread as well as on this entire site is the reason. Drum Corps is about honor, dignity, and the pursuit of excellence. It seems to me that many people on this forum have forgotten what that means.

Who is slandering Capital Sound?

I was told from a reliable source that there was a verbal agreement. I have recently learned that agreement does not exist. I don't know if it was rescinded or it never existed. My guess is that it was rescinded. I don't know for sure.

Cap Sound is inactive with no intentions of becoming active any time soon. Their board has already given verbal permission for MJS to use their horns.

As a member of the Capital Sound Drum and Bugle Corps Board of Directors, I can tell you that no one has been given any kind of permission to use our horns or any of our equipment. Any "verbal permission" has no legal authorization. Comments of this nature seem to be getting out of hand and could lead to legal repercussions. In the future, please do not speak for the Board of Directors unless you have written permission to do so.

If you wish to have serious discussions with our organization about our equipment, I suggest you contact the Corps and speak to the Board directly, instead of hiding behind some on-line name in a forum. If you wish to pursue your ideas independently, you have my best wishes.

Rick Melcher

"I have received a couple of messages from people associated with Capital Sound expressing their concern about trying to come back with MJS being active. Potentially, it could create competition for membership. Although we have kicked around the idea of inviting alums to play, the target group we have discussed is middle school aged kids. It seems to me (I may be wrong) that Cap Sound's membership is typically older than that. That being the case, we could be potentially feeding Cap Sound as well as the Scouts. I will say publicly, on this forum, that we never deliberately set out to disrespect or kill off Capital Sound. If this project ever takes that turn, I will leave it. I want to see the activity grow and prosper. I invite Cap Sound people to PM me with their thoughts. I promise to respond respectfully and to bring them up at our meetings."

David,

I'm not sure what PM means but I am asking you directly to stop making vague references to "people associated with Capital Sound". If you want to contact someone with authority in the Capital Sound organization directly, then you may e-mail me directly at capsounddad@yahoo.com. In the meantime, please stop giving people the impression that ANYONE you have spoken to has any authority to speak for Capital Sound.

Rick Melcher