Remember this Great T-Shirt ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CLASSIC...Troop's crossed-sabers logo in gold on navy. Wear mine all the time (and right now, in fact).

Yep! Had mine on when I dropped off my son (7th grader) for his band's performance with thye B.F. Terry HS marching band at last Thursday's football game. His director saw it right off the bat asked if I had marched with them.

Was also wearing it on my last trip to D-Land. One of the security guys checking bags stopped me just to tell me that he marched with VK back in the 90s.

"Great T Shirt":

1971's "Drum Corps Died In 1971". In response to the "Total Shows" of Chicago Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and Casper Troopers a "Drum Corps Died" T shirt made the rounds that season. It has a tombstone with "Drum Corps Died, 1971" etched upon it, with a "Court Jester" dancing on top of the tombstone.

Elphaba

"Great T Shirt":

1971's "Drum Corps Died In 1971". In response to the "Total Shows" of Chicago Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and Casper Troopers a "Drum Corps Died" T shirt made the rounds that season. It has a tombstone with "Drum Corps Died, 1971" etched upon it, with a "Court Jester" dancing on top of the tombstone.

Elphaba

That's a great idea for a new shirt... with multiple tombstones for each of the days drum corps died... but for some reason, the BEAST LIVES! :worthy::tongue::worthy: :worthy: :mat::worthy:

You may not be an Academy fan, however, the Academy suvi booth always has 1 or 2 style of tee shirts in 2X-3X and 4X

I just wish corps would sell 3xt and 4xt shirts.

back in the day, I could get away with a 2x shirt. I remember my yellow Bridgemen shirt fondly, and a teal Madison shirt.

I woulda killed this year for a navy Iron Horse Express 4xt t-shirt this year.

I noticed that a number of shirts I designed were mentioned and I wanted to throw my two pesos in on the subject.

In Phantom Regiment, I designed the Contra section shirt. By the end of tour, I had designed a good number of the section shirts, including the awesome soprano "Underdog" shirt. The corps director asked me to design a few shirts to sell. They included the Bart Simpson shirt, the 1990 Crest, and the "Get Wedged" shirt and button (that one was both me and Joe Exley).

This little habit of mine carried over into Lone Star. I designed the "Drumese - You Wouldn't Understand - It's a drum thang" and the "Dick Does Drum Corps" and "Dick Does Band".

I'll have to sit down and take pictures of the shirt designs I did.

As for Dick...I'm in the process of bringing him back on a more regular basis.

I have 3 favorites in my personal collection..."Drum Corps is Life...the rest is just details"; (front)"They call it drum corps because..."(back)"stupidity & insanity were already taken!" and (front)"Drum Corps Alumnus"(back)"the older I get, the better I was!"

My current favorite T-shirt is unobtanium. That it, you have to be a marching member of the corps to get one.

Property of

BLUE DEVILS

i think the best tshirt ive ever seen was "Sky Ryders invented playing loud."