Remember this Great T-Shirt ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused....what exactly makes this a great shirt?

It's very wordy and not a great idea for a t-shirt.

T-Shirts should be like bumper stickers with their statements.

Works better when you see them moving down the street.

Got Testosterone by Madison was a great shirt.

Madison, 1990

Toon of a snare drummer wearing a chef's hat and using a spatula and a whisk with a monster cheesy grin on his face

"I Can Cook, Too!" (which was their closer that year)

BD 83 (possibly earlier)

Satan wearing a BD uni and pointing at the reader....I always called it the "Uncle Satan wants YOU" shirt.

I have two of those "Why Drum Corps is Better Than Marching Band" t-shirts. I remember during the winter and spring of 1990, there was a slogan out that stated "The Bluecoats are gonna offend somebody." I wonder if that was in conjunction with that shirt? Regardless, that was quite a popular item that year.

Second, who can forget the neon green Mars t-shirts from the Cavaliers back in '86!

Hey - don't forget about the "Dick Does Drum Corps" shirts from the early to mid '90s put out, I think, by Lone Star. I have three of them - bought one and picked up two from the "lost and found" pile at the end of tour. Great shirt with great inside jokes, from Star's cushy buses to Phantom's contra line. That's a classic.

My favorite was, "See Dick Do Drum Corps"

It had several images of a stick figure experiencing the many fun aspects of drum corps. I'm pretty sure it's an 80s shirt, but couldn't tell you what corps.

A close second is the, "Be Afraid of the Dark," Phantom Regiment shirts.

I got a kick out of the "Boring" shirts that Glassmen put out in the early 2000s.

I have two of those "Why Drum Corps is Better Than Marching Band" t-shirts. I remember during the winter and spring of 1990, there was a slogan out that stated "The Bluecoats are gonna offend somebody." I wonder if that was in conjunction with that shirt? Regardless, that was quite a popular item that year.

Second, who can forget the neon green Mars t-shirts from the Cavaliers back in '86!

Well, the thought was that the corps was on the verge of breaking the top 6. This is complete with the nasty hot pink "Duke til you puke" hats that were on sale in the souvie truck.

For me, I loved the Cavaliers black shirts circa 1989-1991 that had the white silhouette of the snare drummer. Very hip.

Who could forget the Madison "LEMON SQUEEZE" T-shirt....Chris Harmon wore it from 1990 until.....heck, he probably still does wear it... :smile::w00t::w00t::happy:

Yeah, but these days I bet you could hang that thing up without a hanger!

I think they should re-release that shirt and we could chip in and get him

a brand new one!

1976 DCA had two shirts kind of the same. Both had a drawing of a guy at attention holding a horn and there was a flag and tymp near him. Neat part was pieces of his uni and emblems on the flag and tymp were from the different corps.

Shirt #1 had the names of the corps on it

Shrt #2 had no names but the guy is thinking "Drum Corps Sucks".

I wussd out and didn't buy #2 :smile: But I do have the Renegades "DRUM CORPS IS EVIL" shirt. Wore that at my office picnic one year and only two people "got" it. :happy:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari