Remember this Great T-Shirt ?

A couple from SF Renegades...

DRUM CORPS IS EVIL

Give me a drum/horn/flag/rifle and get the hell out of my way (front)

The Art of Loud (back)

Don't Suck

Loud is Good

Renegades Store

Garry in Vegas

PS The "Don't Suck" pin is finally available again. $5.00 on the store front page.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two of those "Why Drum Corps is Better Than Marching Band" t-shirts. I remember during the winter and spring of 1990, there was a slogan out that stated "The Bluecoats are gonna offend somebody." I wonder if that was in conjunction with that shirt? Regardless, that was quite a popular item that year.

Second, who can forget the neon green Mars t-shirts from the Cavaliers back in '86!

The offend somebody was in reference to the liner notes from 1989 in which Boo said the Bluecoats had a nice show that won't offend anybody. So the corps decided they wanted to take the next step and felt that would involve doing a show that would offend someone. However, I don't think it was until many years later that they actually accomplished what they tried to acheive in 1990. Because that 1990 show was very much a nice show that won't offend anyone.

The offend somebody was in reference to the liner notes from 1989 in which Boo said the Bluecoats had a nice show that won't offend anybody. So the corps decided they wanted to take the next step and felt that would involve doing a show that would offend someone. However, I don't think it was until many years later that they actually accomplished what they tried to acheive in 1990. Because that 1990 show was very much a nice show that won't offend anyone.

So THAT'S the story... Still have the 1990 Offend Someone pin and no one knew what it meant....

Madison, 1990

Toon of a snare drummer wearing a chef's hat and using a spatula and a whisk with a monster cheesy grin on his face

"I Can Cook, Too!" (which was their closer that year)

BD 83 (possibly earlier)

Satan wearing a BD uni and pointing at the reader....I always called it the "Uncle Satan wants YOU" shirt.

I'm the proud owner of both the "I Can Cook, Too" and original 2-valve sop Lemon Squeeze shirts, as well as a choice supply of vintage shirts I'm saving for my son!

he's about big enough for the '83 Vanguard snare line shirt!

Matt

JAZZ...Music of the 80's

bought at the BD souvie trailer.

and the CLASSICAL....Music of All Time. I think I bought it from Santa Clara's booth.

I'm the proud owner of both the "I Can Cook, Too" and original 2-valve sop Lemon Squeeze shirts, as well as a choice supply of vintage shirts I'm saving for my son!

he's about big enough for the '83 Vanguard snare line shirt!

Matt

Dude....you HAVE take pics of those shirts and post them here!

VK sold a t-shirt years ago that had phone numbers for all kinds of people and then the VK phone number. Anyone remember that one? I had it but may have left it when I got divorced.

I'd have to say that my favorite shirt is my black Phantom shirt with the drum major in white and Phantom Regiment written underneath. It's simple, easy, and cool.