Looking for Contra Set Screws

Kansan

We need some set screws for some older Dynasty 2 valve Contras.

We also could use a couple set screws for the King K-90 Contra.

I know the Horn Dr. can rig some stuff up but I'd rather have the real parts for these Horns.

We need some set screws for some older Dynasty 2 valve Contras.

We also could use a couple set screws for the King K-90 Contra.

I know the Horn Dr. can rig some stuff up but I'd rather have the real parts for these Horns.

Given the age, you may HAVE to righ something...are they standard or metric threads? You might want to take the parts around and find something. If I remember, all they were (at least on the K-90) were BIG thumbscrews..

The K-90 Contra set screws for the bell are the same as what you would find on the King Sousaphone. If you can find some parts off of an old King Sousaphone, those will work.

The DEG contras may be a bit harder, I do remember the threads being quite small as well as the screw itself. You may want to take the horn to a hardware store and see if you can fit something to it. Its worth a try. Better to pay .20 than 15.00 for a part.

Given the age, you may HAVE to righ something...are they standard or metric threads? You might want to take the parts around and find something. If I remember, all they were (at least on the K-90) were BIG thumbscrews..

You can get the real thing from Fast Eddie at Badger Repair in Elkhorn WI, but the minimum order there is 25 bux.

The K-90 screws are good ole ¼"-20NC threads. You'll find dozens of styles of this size at any real hardware store.

The DEG contras are Willsons, the threads will be metric. I don't have any DEG contras here today, so bring a sample screw or the horn itself to your hardware store.

Chromeplate, nowadays yer outa luck matching the finish unless you hang with the M/C crowd.