Lake Erie Thunder Open House

I was thinkin,....I dont know whether Ima be able to keep up with E5's kids in his drumline..... :whip:

i might end up being the elder statesman in that drumline.....I hope not. :whip:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Dude,

I was the elder statesmen in his line last year and I haven't even hit 30 yet...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Erie Thunder

Open House

Saturday December 6th

1:00 - 5:00 PM

East High School

Erie, PA

Just hasnt been posted in a while... just bumping it for the folks that are coming for a reminder!

Good luck Erie

Just got back from Erie a couple of minutes ago. Very nice beginning. 20 something horns, and only about 5-7 members from T'birds, most college age. Full battery with plenty of snares to spare. Same with the pit. It seems the intentions are to use 5 bass, 5 snare and 3 tenors for a total of 13. there were 16 in the battery today. Intentions seem to be to use 9 in the pit, they had about 15 there today.

Good to see Gary & Tom Matczak, Joe Salorino, Ed Coleman, Andyroo, Nick, Cheri & Howie, Jim VanTassel, Mike SHUBE, Cheez (hope your leg and hand mend soon so you can show those kids what drumming is all about :tongue:). Did I miss anyone? Nice to meet Ken Berlin who did a superb job with the hornline today. I'm sure there with be additions to that really talented hornline as the season approaches.

Good luck in the future guys, you're really helping to make Pa. one of the Drum Corps meccas.

Just got back from Erie a couple of minutes ago. Very nice beginning. 20 something horns, and only about 5-7 members from T'birds, most college age. Full battery with plenty of snares to spare. Same with the pit. It seems the intentions are to use 5 bass, 5 snare and 3 tenors for a total of 13. there were 16 in the battery today. Intentions seem to be to use 9 in the pit, they had about 15 there today.

Good to see Gary & Tom Matczak, Joe Salorino, Ed Coleman, Andyroo, Nick, Cheri & Howie, Jim VanTassel, Mike SHUBE, Cheez (hope your leg and hand mend soon so you can show those kids what drumming is all about :tongue:). Did I miss anyone? Nice to meet Ken Berlin who did a superb job with the hornline today. I'm sure there with be additions to that really talented hornline as the season approaches.

Good luck in the future guys, you're really helping to make Pa. one of the Drum Corps meccas.

I'll certainly agree with Mike on this one; they're off to a terrific start.

I had to leave early because my route home was rapidly getting snowed in (that cursed lake effect), and didn't hear any of their ensemble work, but the numbers are there; the talent level is there; and I saw the enthusiasm there.

Andy

Certainly glad things went so well. Sorry I couldn't be there. The pilot even knocked off 35 minutes of flight time for me (Miami to Picksburg 2 hours 10 minutes vs. 2 hours 45 minutes) but weather in the Steel City not so good. Took extra hour to drive home.

I'll make the next one. :tongue: