Penalty for Falling ? Famous Falls ?

Atlanta 07- Crown had a pile up while going backwards through those gates.

Saw that one! When I saw the gates before the show, I turned to my sister and said two things about Crown. 1.) "Get ready to hold your shirt down when we get blasted by the opening fanfare (and years-long last note)." 2.) "Someone's gonna trip over one of those gates." :tongue:

I also told her that Phantom Regiment's battery feature would make her cry. It did. :smile: (We're both percussionists.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a show in 06 in ohio somewhere and it was phantom glassmen and like, teal sound or something like that... some super small show that almost got rained out. we actually had a full corps ensemble block in full uniform when we got to the show site because our rehearsal got rained out... but anywho, going into the first big hit at the pentogram (within the first 20 seconds of the show) a snare drummer stepped on another snares foot took off his shoe and took out about 4 other snares then, they took out about half the bass line then some quads joined in too i believe but by the time we got to the hault there were about 5 people in the whole battery playing. the pentogram looked like a 4 pointed star then a scatter set with the drumline. it was pretty awful.

also, quarters in 07 was pretty rough. i think BD had like 6 people fall in that one show alone. it was terrible. I fell on a step size/ direction change with a pretty hefty step size right were the recently sodded center of the field was and fell pretty hard. i was so scared i was going to take out the rest of the drum line ( who was backing up in front of me). when i went to stand up though i was under bass 3 and it knocked me back down onto the ground and knocked my shako off backwards with the chain around my neck. that was with about 15 seconds left in the show. i spent the remainder trying to get my hat back on. i finished the show with quite the yell because i was pretty sure i just lost us a championship.

although i guess it wasn't as bad as i thought it was because the only person who noticed was bass 3. i supposedly played all my notes even when i was on the ground. ha ha

Edited by L1STEN2311

The slip-fest that was 93 Cavaliers. Wet field = A bunch of fallen members.

And that was just in the opener. I've watched that DVD and I think there are 5 or 6 slips/falls. Man, I felt bad seeing all that happen. Glad everyone made it thru the show...from what I could tell on the DVD.

Wheaton, IL, 1986. First show of the year. A guy who had marched with us for two years had jumped to Madison and he fell RIGHT ON the first count of the expanding spiral in their opener. I heard leter he was weeping with embarassment.

Atlanta 07- Crown had a pile up while going backwards through those gates.

Sevierville 07- HUGE pile up with the Colts. Someone lost a hat. A baritone player I believe had to leave the field injured. The hat ended up crushed.

yeah, 2 different times at the Milton show in Atlanta Crown plowed into their gates.

I don't think this one has ever been talked about nor do I think it is as big as everyone else's falls.

2000 Cadets during the DCI eastern Classic in Allentown. There were about 4 people I think who fell in different parts of the show mainly because the field was wet. We still won the show though which amazed me beyond belief.

there used to be a video somewhere :smile: of the crown tubas falling all over each other at a local show this summer...... dunno if it's still around tho

Garfield (now Cadets) at Whitewater in 83 (I believe) is the "big one" people talk about from that era.

I thought that fall was in 84'. only reason for me remembering the year was that we heard about it on the bus on our way to Rockford since we did not make finals that night.