1992 Crossmen

Definitely one of my all time favorite dc shows! You left the show whistling the melodies and remembering the driving drum line, the rich harmonies, the energy, and the passion. When you thought there was nothing else they could give, the corps would turn around and give another level more. I even had the honor of watching their final run-through before finals. Pure Drum and Bugle Corps.

As a member of the 1992 corps I want to thank everyone for all their wonderful, unbelievable comments. I remember our "coming out" party, which I fortunately have a recording of, at Pennsauken High. We opened our show with a very slow, passionate "Under the Sun" in which by the time of the hit, magic had happened. I remember Shorty speaking to the corps that night after our debut about how what we had just done was like the shot that was heard around the world. I didn't know what he was talking about until much later. Memories of the 1992 Crossmen...what an experience.

I see Ruocco, Krempasky often & we still speak about that year like it just happened. It was my rookie year & what a year it was.

Brian Prato always with buckets of suntan lotion on his nose, ofcourse the bus breakdowns, rookie talent night, learning about "the word" from Gene Bennett, Jesse Townsend popping zits in the middle of drill sets, making sure we got our patches from the big shows, Bob Irwin always flying down the highway, Bones leading us onto the field for Finals, me coming off the field with Kevin Fallon hand in hand, hearing that we came in 6th, playing retreat to the Madison Scouts, Santa Clara playing for us, wearing my medal for days after, putting our trust in the staff, members getting yelled & screamed at for the smallest of detail~and never, EVER being babies about it etc etc etc...

Years later people always ask how did that year become what it became? How did we, the Crossmen, finally come in such a high placement? I always keep it simple...we had a championship staff, members did what they were told & always gave 100%, & belief...belief in our show, our staff & ourselves...

• 11 years later...

The entire show was HELLACIOUS!

21 hours ago, the hammer said:

The entire show was HELLACIOUS!

Who was the drum staff that year?