Help with MS FrontPage needed

pito'evil

Hey all my fellow tech heads,

If there are any MS Front Page gurus out there I need you help. I am currently trying to build a site for a "semi" top secret project that I and a few others are involved in. Unfortunately, I haven't soft coded HTML in a serious manner in ages, all the stuff I remember from college makes the pages look like crap and MS FrontPage is not one of my strong points. If some could help me with this so I can have @ least something up by the end of LMS, I'll buy them a pack of like Guinness dark or something. The site will eventually have to be a multimedia rich site (due to all the video that'll be on it plus pictures) I am even thinking about dusting off my old director manual and playing with adobe for a while (flash RULES! )

Anyway, I will take all the help I can get and I am even willing to *gulp* go to the dark side if need be (AKA working on a MAC)

Thanks in advance!

p. s - If you ever need any networking done (wireless or not) I'll hook ya up no problem.. I also so major desktop support upgrades hardware support etc etc... and yes I am Mac certified. I just don't like them! #### 7200's

Calvin, FrontPage is fairly easy. I did all of my own coding per html...I didn't like frontpage at first, but now check out my site, it's entirely done by frontpage.

If I have a problem with something, I just go in and change it using the html aspect. However, if you are going to use a lot of multi-media or flash, I think Adobe might be your best chance. I don't have Adobe, so I truly don't know.

Guest GeorgeD

Sure - 2 easy help steps for dealing with MS FrontPage:

Step One - throw the box in the trash

Step Two - install and use Macromedia's Dreamweaver.

There - that's better. :)

(seriously though - if you need help - email me your questions)

Amen--

I haven't been happier since I threw away frontpage 3 years ago. Dreamweaver or homesite all the way!

Matt

There - that's better. :)

(seriously though - if you need help - email me your questions)

I concur. DW MX all the way. I built a LARGE site w/ Frontpage, and it gave me pain. More pain than d&bc ever taught me to deal with! The good stuff, I suppose, is that FP is easy to get started with, but the downside is that the resulting code is fat and is dependent on having server extensions installed on your web server.

The Macromedia Studio MX is really nice. DW, Fireworks, Flash, Freehand, Homesite. All you need.

--R

We have a saying:

Friends don't let friends use FrontPage*!

*Also known as AffrontPage

Edited by jascd

-lol- Ok, Change of request then...

Does anyone have a copy of DW, Go Live or any other HTML (DHTML) editor I can get? ^0^

seesh- I'm supposed to be on vacation here in Canada and all I can stll think about is work. *siiiiiiiiiiigh* :whip: