I was there when...........

I was there even when I wasn't. My sister decided to get married on a show date. I mean COME ON! Anyway, most of the guys showed up at the reception with the trophies. It was the first and last time I missed a show. I did miss a parade once but that's a darker story (pm me if you want to know).

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there when Southwind beat the Scouts for the first time in ever in 2007.

Granted the the Scouts ended up on top when it mattered at finals that year, but still......

It was a cool night for anyone involved with SW. I remember hugging anyone within arms-length.

I was there for Finals night in 2007, when during the Cadet's show. Right before the third movement when the baritone player begins to talk about his experience with music, a member of the crowd yells, "Shut up!" Anyone who was there heard it. It's difficult (but not impossible) to hear it on the finals DVD's. If you listen closely, you can hear someone shout something and then a few people laugh. It happened, and I was there.

I was there when...

...1988, after several years missing finals our corps sat together in a back stand giant maltese cross made from tape, awaiting scores, only to miss finals again.

...1989, the next year we sat together (again in a giant maltese cross in the back stands) for the score announcement, and squeeked into 12th place

...1990 Hornell New York, post show, Both Madison and the Bluecoats are still in uniform (with pit equipment at the ready) waiting to see who would play the encore. Members of our corps started to scramble with rumors of US doing the encore. The crowd sat and waited while we unloaded our truck, warmed up on the field and performed our first winner's encore in many season's.....all while wearing flip-flops, shorts and corps jackets.

...1987 Appalachian Spring, Garfield Cadets. Watched almost every performance that summer, including three shows during finals week. Fell in love with corps that summer, still my favorite show.

I was there in 2003 at Allentown when the God's dumped almost a foot of rain on the Glassmen halfway through their show, lightning struck, forcing them to postpone the show until the storm passed, and then watched them march back out in soaking wet uniforms 2 hours later to do the show all over again.

They were the only corps to get rained on, and needless to say, they were a fan-favorite that night.

Almost definitely sure that was '04, because I was there too. It was absolutely INSANE! My best friend and I were there with my dad, and we stuck it out through the rain delay, ended up watching drum corps well past midnight. :tongue:

I was there for Finals night in 2007, when during the Cadet's show. Right before the third movement when the baritone player begins to talk about his experience with music, a member of the crowd yells, "Shut up!" Anyone who was there heard it. It's difficult (but not impossible) to hear it on the finals DVD's. If you listen closely, you can hear someone shout something and then a few people laugh. It happened, and I was there.
my favorite was instead of saying "Lets start from the trumpet solo," they come out with "Lets do something WITHOUT VOICE!" *the crowd erupts in cheering* that said, I thoroughly enjoyed cadets 2007. Edited by crazymello

Wow. I was there back when audiences showed respect for the kids who were putting on a show for their entertainment. Though maybe I missed out on that, too.

I was there on finals night in 1986 when members of 2-7 paraded a "We Quit" sign along the back side of Camp Randall. Sad night...

The members of the corps did not quit!!!! We gave it our all, we had nothing left to give.

Almost definitely sure that was '04, because I was there too. It was absolutely INSANE! My best friend and I were there with my dad, and we stuck it out through the rain delay, ended up watching drum corps well past midnight. :tongue:

That's highly possible, considering I went to every Eastern Classic from 2001-2007. It's easy to mix up years I suppose.

haha, and I just found the video of it on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named and saw that you posted a comment on it.

The WORLD OPEN , CYO Nationals , VFW , American legion , and THE DREAM were the BIG shows of the season.

Inspection .

when Parades mattered.

hairnets.

valve and slide , valve and rotary ,two valve , three valve ,Bb been through them all.

feeling older than dirt right now, lol

CHEZ