I was there when...........

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Bloomington-Normal, Illinois in 2003, when Capital Regiment performed in a tornado.

I was there in 2008 when Phantom won it's first solo championship.

Edited by frontline99

The banner read:

We gave it our all, we have nothing left to give. Good-bye.

That's exactly what it read. I was there that night on the hill in Madison in 1986 on my age out night when my beloved 27th Lancers folded. I was there when we ran through the crowd with this sign as a way of saying good bye to the fans and friends.

I was there in the parking lot when 27th Lancers and Star of Indiana sang Danny Boy at the top of our lungs.

I was there when Star of Indiana took our spats, gloves and shoes and formed a "27" in tribute, on the field that night to those of us who aged out. Thank you to those who were there to do that for us. :thumbup:

I was there when Star helped us get to Madison that year. :blink:

I was there through 5 years of historic drum corps ;alot of ups and downs.

I was there in '83 and '84 to hear some of the most beautiful mello solos I've ever heard played by Barbara Maroney

I was there in '84 for the Vietnam show

I was there in '85 for the first all original show written specifically for a drum corps

I was there in '07 when BD won their first world championship in thier home state

Jim:

I believe this topic crosses the line between junior/senior, and I, for one, would LOVE to hear them!

I'll bite: I was there in Jersey at Sound Off '65' in Roosevelt Stadium when the Skyliners first play Flight of the Bumblebee by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov. O! M! G! I was student at NYC's Music & Art High School at the time learning what is known as Horn in "F" (as opposed to "Eb") and playing French Horn Bugle in "G" - I knew that piece - I was like: You can do that on a bugle???!!

1 piston 0 rotary just a slide - It killed.

Oh yeah, St Joseph Patron Cadet was there as an exhibition. Two shows Senior and Junior.

Sky and The Cadets took 1st respectfully.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

That's exactly what it read. I was there that night on the hill in Madison in 1986 on my age out night when my beloved 27th Lancers folded. I was there when we ran through the crowd with this sign as a way of saying good bye to the fans and friends.

I was there in the parking lot when 27th Lancers and Star of Indiana sang Danny Boy at the top of our lungs.

I was there when Star of Indiana took our spats, gloves and shoes and formed a "27" in tribute, on the field that night to those of us who aged out. Thank you to those who were there to do that for us. :whip:

I was there when Star helped us get to Madison that year. :whip:

I was there through 5 years of historic drum corps ;alot of ups and downs.

I was there for the final 2-7 home show in 1986 (looks like July 31, 1986, according to Corps Reps, though I didn't remember the exact date). I vividly remember crying all through retreat during all the special tributes and thank you's, etc. Crying but not moving, of course.

I was there at Mile High Stadium in 1978, when a second-year horn line from Atlanta, made up almost totally of members who had never even touched a bugle until 18 months earlier, missed winning high horns by .05 point, thanks in large part to the genius and magic of a man named Jim Ott.

Unfortunately, I was also there in a gymnasium at a Memphis high school just two summers later as the staff broke the horrible news to the corps that Jim was gone.

I was there when the Troopers beat madison scouts at DCI Madison :whip: