I was there when...........

I was there in 1982 when Rob McConnell came to our housing site in Montreal after we won DCI. He spent most of the evening with us during our victory celebration back at our housing site. I've got a DCI yearbook somewhere that he signed.

Did he ever stop talking? :thumbdown:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there for Finals night in 2007, when during the Cadet's show. Right before the third movement when the baritone player begins to talk about his experience with music, a member of the crowd yells, "Shut up!" Anyone who was there heard it. It's difficult (but not impossible) to hear it on the finals DVD's. If you listen closely, you can hear someone shout something and then a few people laugh. It happened, and I was there.

Check out my response a few pages back.....oh and I was there too, though I couldn't exactly hear that since I was performing for you and whoever yelled that. :thumbdown:

I'll take a slightly different tack on this one...

Yes, I was there, but my 5 year old son was there in Allentown, PA in 2008 when two things happened (can't remember if they were the same night because we went to both shows)...

Bones showed up, and my 5 year old was very excited because I had been telling him that it could happen...

and

Phantom Regiment unveiled their "killing" of the "emperor"/drum major.

Unbelievable. I had never experienced a drum corps moment like that until that moment. I hope I witness something like that again.

I was also there at finals. Other than 2006, when PR made me weep, the victory in 2008 is a lasting memory.

1991 DCI Mid-America....Star won...the crowd disagreed, and Brandt Crocker "corrected" them with...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THAT IS UNCALLED FOR....

The crowd seemingly realized that their "complaints" may have been with the design staff, NOT THE STUDENTS...

I have never felt soooo bad for another corps in my life..

Watching a recently aged out DM (then horn player) lose her bikini bottom a fews years ago during rehearsel and she finished the set. OMFG!!!

When was this? I need more details!!!!!!! lol

I was there at Stillwater, MN in 1995 when the Troopers beat up a Pioneer staff member for what they interpreted as breaking their ranks. The Troopers were penalized 3 whole points at Preview Of Champions prelims for the incident (I didn't witness it, but I was there at the show.)

When was this? I need more details!!!!!!! lol

I was there at Stillwater, MN in 1995 when the Troopers beat up a Pioneer staff member for what they interpreted as breaking their ranks. The Troopers were penalized 3 whole points at Preview Of Champions prelims for the incident (I didn't witness it, but I was there at the show.)

And we all thought the penalty was for the staff member running onto the field during the show to adjust the placement of flags. It wasn't until I read about it a week later. The penalty was only announced as a "code of conduct" penalty.

Watching a recently aged out DM (then horn player) lose her bikini bottom a fews years ago during rehearsel and she finished the set. OMFG!!!

Was this in 05? If it is, that's one of my funniest memories of tour!

Was this in 05? If it is, that's one of my funniest memories of tour!

Yup, it was 05 allright and I couldn't have picked a better couple of days to help out or I would have missed out.

She's a good sport about it though even to this day.

Great story :thumbdown:

That is a great story about the Troopers DM. I got a chill. Greatness is greatness.

...there was a rain delay in Sevierville 1988. SCV was the corps at the show site and invited our corps into the Gym for a little mid season show and tell. It was one of those gymnasiums where the basketball court was down below the seating. We played Malaguena from one side of the gym and SCV answered with their Phantom Closer, with the colorguard performing on the gym floor. Both hornlines then intermixed. SCV played Bring in the Clowns and then both hornlines finished by playing Never Walk Alone.

These moments are etched into my memory and one of many where SCV and Madison gathered to admire and respect one another's corps.

create peace,

Brent

Edited by Brent