I was there when...........

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAC slipped from 12 at quarterfinals to 13 at semifinals in '94. A moan shook the stadium.

I was in the stands with a number of 27th alumni at semis, and we gave the loudest groans of all. It would have been great for BAC to make DCI finals for the first time in their home state.

Edited by A27Lancer

I was on the track for Cadets' encore in '84. I got weak in the knees during the ballad and had to sit down for the rest of the show (serious!). Watching those kids cut it loose after the pressure was off was fantastic!

Fred O.

I was sitting at the base of a microphone stand, 5 feet from the front sideline on about the 30 yard line for that performance. My friend John Abraham and I couldn't believe we were able to just walk up and sit there for that. I can still picture those 2 mallet players marching directly toward us...

I was there in Bayonne 1976, when The Bridgemen unveiled their new look and revolutionary show ,which changed the activity foreever.I was at Franklin Field for DCI 1975 and !176 for the fabulous Scout show and BD's first Championship.I was at the Dream in late 70's when Bridgeman went on in the rain on a muddy field in their underwear.I was at the World US Open in Lynn Mass. in late 70's when North Star gave one of the most emotional shows I had ever seen to go from 7th in Prelim to 2nd in Final.I was at DCI 2000, when Cadets and Cavaliers tied. I have been at 10 of last 11 DCI finals.Love this activity and the Cadets almost as much as I love jazz.Also current USSBA show coordinator and retired Fortune 500 corporate officer,making me rather unique.

Frank