Phantom's "The Red Violin"

What's the big deal ? Information (Sometimes real important stuff) gets leaked all the time. So someone POSSIBLY told the world what Phantom is doing before Phantom's official release. Is this really a big deal ?

I'm tired of all this secret stuff regarding show concepts/music. If I went to a corps auditions as a spectator I would have no reservations about telling folks what I saw and heard unless I was specifically asked not to disclose the info (Which is probably not going to happen to a spectator/fan).

Here is a cue they can take from the old days......in the Spring edition (April) of the DCI Today Newspaper....it listed all of the Div1 corps shows and each piece of music they were playing for the upcoming season. Everyone knew when and where the show info was going to be made available....none of this secret stuff..... :whip:

I can't speak for this year's auditions, but whenever there is an audience watching, even during the season, the staff will ask them not to share any recordings they may make on youtube etc... So yes, I'm going to assume that they were asked not to talk about it.

Also, it's December, not April.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, everyone that heard what was said about the show for the upcoming season was told to not disclose the information. All corps have the right to withhold any information they desire regarding the future seasons shows. If Regiment wishes to not have the information made public (which they do) it is their right to do so. Having been at the meeting when the information that has been announced was announced I can tell you for certain that 95% of the info in this thread is incorrect. No music has been decided with 100% certainty as the storyline has not yet been finalized. When the corps is ready for the public to know about the show they will release that information on their website. Until then all of you can guess and speculate about the show until you are blue in the face. The only accurate posts thus far are the ones that state nothing has been announced or decided and that this thread needs to be closed as it is based purely on rumor and speculation which DCP does not allow.

DCP doesnt allow rumor and speculation? Thats kind of a dumb policy...

Sometimes its good to ask "what if" just for the sake of somtehing to talk about. Its not like this thread is harming anyone.

Actually, everyone that heard what was said about the show for the upcoming season was told to not disclose the information. All corps have the right to withhold any information they desire regarding the future seasons shows. If Regiment wishes to not have the information made public (which they do) it is their right to do so. Having been at the meeting when the information that has been announced was announced I can tell you for certain that 95% of the info in this thread is incorrect. No music has been decided with 100% certainty as the storyline has not yet been finalized. When the corps is ready for the public to know about the show they will release that information on their website. Until then all of you can guess and speculate about the show until you are blue in the face. The only accurate posts thus far are the ones that state nothing has been announced or decided and that this thread needs to be closed as it is based purely on rumor and speculation which DCP does not allow.

hulkavl3.jpg

I have never heard this soundtrack, but the samples sound interesting. I'm guessing from the show title, parts of this will be used. Any guesses from people that are familiar with the music to what tracks may work well on the field f? I may have to purchase this.

Amazon Samples of the

Soundtrack

If anyone saw Blessed Sac winterguard in 2004, their Matrix show, they used part of their music in the middle. Its good stuff!

If it's such a secret, why are returning vets posting "the red violin" on their facebook statuses? The show title may not be "the red violin," but that's what they're doing.

Lol, they did that with their show last year too. "So and so is spartacus"

So now we can get over the fact that their show is some big mysterious secret and talk about how awesome the show will be, right?