DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Are you sure they are the highest combination for this time in the season?

Ah, that explains it. I was basing my captions off Championship week scores. For some reason I thought those would be pro-rated; I misunderstood that I would get those corps' captions at their current point in the season.

No problem, then: I'm still confident in my caption selections. I'll just sit back and wait for the scores to rise. :thumbup:

Edited by hostrauser

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Scores are FINALLY in, and Firebird and the Firebird Cadets were both proud to recieve bronze medals in their first competition of the year. Also, Firebird recieved the highest score in Music at Riverside.

The FB Cadets will now be returning to Denver for an exra week of practice before resuming competition. Firebird, however, is continuing on tour, taking 4th place in San Diego.

Whew, my GE score blows. Took second at Raleigh in music, though.

As I did in Season X, I plan on having weekly DCPI rankings up every Thursday at some point. First rankings in two days!

ERIE, PA - The drums were pounding, the brass blaring and the flags blazing with color last night as the DCPI North American tour rolled through town. In Erie, where you can feel the lake effect, the corps effect took center stage.

Seventeen drum and bugle corps in three classes performed for a sold out crowd, and this crowd came to be entertained. Everyone was jubilant as they waited for the scores after watching the performances.

In Class A competition, Gettysburg Yankee Rebels claimed victory with their program Gettysburg, reinacting the Civil War and earning a score of 70.992, with very impressive visual scores. Emma Zwolowska, 15, said, "I really liked their baby blue pants. It made them look like a civil war army!" Earning the silver medal was Kadence with a score of 70.173, and Burning Panthers earned the bronse medal with a score of 67.936.

Winning Open Class competition was Empire State Vanguard with a score of 68.422. The Patriots earned the silver at 67.145, and Les Blanc Chevaliers earned the bronze with a score of 66.770.

World Class competition was the highlight of the night, and most waiting for the results wondered who the night's World Class champion would be, Regiment of FC or The Knights? Most were rooting for The Knights, with their program of Russian composers titled The Mighty Handful. The crowd roared to its feet for the final minute of the show. The Corps of Unspecified Identity, with their program titled Space Chords and Pedal Tones received timid applause at the end of the show.

The scores for World Class were read, and The Corps of Unspecified Identity, Regiment of FC and The Knights were the remaining three to be announced.

In third place, earning the bronze medal, with a score of 73.557, Regiment of FC! The crowd cheered as their favorite, The Knights, were propelled to the top two for the night. The certainty of a win for The Knights was strong. After all, how could a show full of space chords come out on top?

In second place, earning the silver medal, with a score of 73.974, The Knights! The fans were enraged. Boos could be heard from the center of town. Their disappointment was about to get deeper.

In first place, earning the gold medal... the boos continued... with a score of 76.438, The Corps of Unspecified Identity! Not only did this corps win, but they won by a substantial margin. Many in the audience were dumbfounded.

"If I could challenge those judges to a dual, I would," said Lester Johnson, one of the many disappointed spectators. He continued, "that crap wasn't drum corps. This is the end of the activity as we know it."

The Corps of Unspecified Identity couldn't believe the reaction they received. Chris Rohn, director of the corps said, "We don't always recieve grand ovations, but the reaction here tonight was the strongest we have been given. Because scores hadn't been announced at the previous two shows, I think the shock of it all was a bit of a surprise tonight. We'll keep doing what we do, and see where this season takes us."

The Knights travel to Rochester, NY for a rematch with Regiment of FC, and The Corps of Unspecified Identity travels to Wisconson for rehearsal and a performance on December 19.

All three of WCAMA's corps did amazing in their opening competion in Coos Bay yesterday,

Oregon Llama Vanguard 30.60 19.56 21.53 0.00 71.686

Stardom 29.52 21.07 21.39 0.00 71.973

Supremacy 28.19 19.10 19.14 0.00 66.438

I am pretty sure these are the highest opening scores for all three

Providence had a nice first show last night at their original home in Coos Bay. That's a nice little stadium too- a little on the "short" side as far as the stand height goes, but it compensates by giving you a real uo-close feel with the audience.

Kosmos spent today rehearsing in Charlotte NC after good showings in heir first 2 shows in Ohio. The visual scores were a bit lower than we'd like to see at this point of the year, but you can expect we'll be focusing on them in the days ahead.