DCPI-11 Season Discussion

Man the StarOrg corps are coming out strong. Cross had a higher score than all the Open Class corps besides Star of Hawaii. Crazy.

Yes...scary. Not sure what the GE judges in Rochester were looking at. Cross show has plenty of GE but a tad inflated I think. Will see. Were not complaining in the Star camp right now with the starts of the corps. Very long way to go to Honolulu.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, my GE score is awful.

Do you usually have to crank GE up that much? (If we're allowed to talk about it.)

Edited by OdeToArsenal47

Geez, my GE score is awful.

Do you usually have to crank GE up that much? (If we're allowed to talk about it.)

It's up to you to determine how to distribute your points, but I will admit that it doesn't hurt to ratchet up the GE a bit.

The 16th was a dissapointing night for the Firebird 'A' Corps, who placed last in World Class at Stockton, CA. The Firebird Cadets, however, had a terrific night in Open Class competition (also in Stockton), winning a silver medal in their 2nd ever competition. Its going to be a good year for us :thumbup:

The Glory of Music corps are anxiously awaiting the scores from Alabama. We haven't had much time to practice on our way across the country, but we feel we're making progress.

Dude, Where's My Corps? had an excellent night in Salem last night. We're sitting right where we want to be at this point in the season, just ahead of the competition. It doesn't look like we would be ahead of Star of Hawaii right now, though. Looks like they're going to be the corps to beat in Open Class!

Dude, Where's My Corps? had an excellent night in Salem last night. We're sitting right where we want to be at this point in the season, just ahead of the competition. It doesn't look like we would be ahead of Star of Hawaii right now, though. Looks like they're going to be the corps to beat in Open Class!

Thanks Chris. Looks like we meet in Corvalis on Saturday night.

Was damp last night in Brunswick but Jupiter really shined against some tough competition in World Class.

The SSYAO Corps are having a great season so far. Avengers took Open Class Silver last night in Brunswick and have also dominated the Open Class music caption at every show attended so far with their fiery Latin program "La Rosa", and are on their way to their most successful season yet. Velocity is shooting for the stars with their program "The Final Frontier" after capturing Class A Gold in Hoover and looks to be a strong contender in Class A after last season's disappointing finish. The Oviedo Hurricanes have audiences on their feet with their "Jazz Roots" Program and are sure to be an Open Class fan favorite. On a sadder note due to some unforeseen contingencies, The Challengers will not be touring this season, however the corps will be performing in exhibition at SSYAO's Brass on the Beach! next week in Daytona. We will soon be posting an itinerary for next week's event as well as more information on the Challengers. Best of luck to all as we "march" on to Hawaii!

The Cosmonauts are starting to kick it in gear now. At Hoover, we were the best in visual and music, but are still trying to unlock the mystery of GE points.

The Detroit City Council had a great show last night in Moorehead, Minnesota. They placed first in Class A competition with a score of 70.119 ahead of The Bolts and Human Wave Regiment. The crowd loved their show, Shrek 2: He's The Mayor Now, and even laughed as council president Monica Conyers gave the audience the hand and told them to "Shut the heck up!" Their argumentative dialog throughout most of the program concerned some that the corps would run over their time restriction, but it was completed just in time as Conyers cut off the council by saying, "cut that out, y'all, before I have my people mess you up," and the council then exited the field to a rousing applause.

Reference material:

Edited by Chris Rohn