Blue Devils Reaction to Finals

Well see it is on page 26 for me

Me too, what ever happened to that synth thread that was near 50 pages or so...

and to reply to MrFun:

I know that NO corps is complete goodie two shoes, but some know how to hide stuff... and I judge by what my two eyes see and my two ears here... and lets not forget, it is all opinion...

*starts to look over this thead*

*starts to open his mouth or better yet, look for some STFU like memes*

ah the heck with it, I'm going go find some WGI forums....

*leaves*

My problem with retreat was the fact that some people behaved in a way that cut a performance from my DVD. The last thing I played as a part of the 2008 season was not included on the DVD’s because some individuals decided to make a statement about their placement. I sure as shootin’ wasn’t happy about how things turned out for my corps, but I played the music that was being conducted. No wrong notes, no wrong rhythms, and I cut off when expected. But no matter what I did, a few people ruined it so that my last performance was cut from the DVD. I can only imagine how Phantom Regiment and Will Pitts feel about having their moment left off because of some immature individuals. It’s happened in the past too. Not the part being taken off DVD’s, but if you listen to the 07 recording you can hear a trumpet and tuba hold over for a significant amount of time.

Sure I was bitter and the last thing I wanted to do was behave in a respectful manner. But I did, because as cliché as it sounds my experiences have taught me that the quality of a person is not shown when they win, as much as when they lose.

I also have immense respect for my uniform, what it stands for, and the members who had worn it before me. Not that others don’t have respect for their corps, but their actions don’t always convey that respect. I have been personally insulted by individuals while both of us were in uniform. I have had my butt slapped after encore, sexually explicit comments said to my face right after leaving the field from my performance, not to mention the countless other times I have endured verbal abuse. At the time I was enraged that these things had happened, but now I’m just disappointed that individuals can’t seem to understand that respect is a basic part of humanity. Even if I personally do not agree with how a corps acts, I will still treat them with respect for the fact that it’s the right thing to do; no matter how many times members of the organization have insulted me.

I can only hope that at some point in time those individuals will realize how disgusting their behavior was and try to change their approach.

And as I'm sure you have probably realized I have stressed it is individuals that act disrespectfully. I understand that not everyone in a corps is rude, but when you are in uniform no Joe in the audience is going to recognize a difference between you and the guy next to you except that you play trumpet and he plays snare. You represent your organization when you are in uniform and if somone does something to get noticed, your organization will be subject to generalizations whether good or bad. If you don't like it, either get over it or do something to change the way members of your corps behave.

haha, do you require a tissue? I just find it funny that people get this worked up over ATB.

I would like to respond to the DCI (self appointed) Policemen who are blowing the whistle on the Blue Devils not having class on finals night. Where was this lack of class?

I mean was it the fact that some members played ATB with some intentional wrong notes, or "exceptional" gusto? Because we all know Blue Devils was not the only one who partook in that event. As well as the trend that the Blue Devils do this every year AND even this year at shows other than finals night. I won 24 shows this season and lost 2, probably did 7-10 encores and had some fun everytime, regardless of winning or losing (which only happened twice).

Was it the fact that I did not go over and congratulate the Phantom Regiment after the scores were announced like the extremely classy Cavaliers did? Because after we posted a 2 point gap on the Cavaliers in San Antonio I don't remember them coming over to congratulate us. Actually the only show I can recall someone congratulating us was the Mandarins in SoCAL (thank you Mandarins). So I guess every other corps is classless because I wasn't congratulated 24 times.

Or was it the fact that some individuals overheard some Blue Devils having conversations with other people about the Finals night loss? I find it funny that is is considered classless to have a conversation with another member or even a family member or friend and have someone eavesdrop in and make a judgment call on an organization.

I just find this whole thread so amusing, a bunch of 40-60+ year old guys reliving their glory days and a few 3rd chair clarinets from some unknown high school bashing 149 people (+ thousands of past members, volunteers, staff) who I spent a summer with busting a**es and having a great time doing it.

I loved my summer and wouldn't trade it for the world (or world championship).

PS. I suggest you oldies (and youngies) stick to marching 120 bpm at an 8 to 5, instead of trying to to hang with those who have done things you can only watch on DVDs

Regards,

A Proud 2008 Blue Devil

haha, do you require a tissue? I just find it funny that people get this worked up over ATB.

I would like to respond to the DCI (self appointed) Policemen who are blowing the whistle on the Blue Devils not having class on finals night. Where was this lack of class?

I mean was it the fact that some members played ATB with some intentional wrong notes, or "exceptional" gusto? Because we all know Blue Devils was not the only one who partook in that event. As well as the trend that the Blue Devils do this every year AND even this year at shows other than finals night. I won 24 shows this season and lost 2, probably did 7-10 encores and had some fun everytime, regardless of winning or losing (which only happened twice).

Was it the fact that I did not go over and congratulate the Phantom Regiment after the scores were announced like the extremely classy Cavaliers did? Because after we posted a 2 point gap on the Cavaliers in San Antonio I don't remember them coming over to congratulate us. Actually the only show I can recall someone congratulating us was the Mandarins in SoCAL (thank you Mandarins). So I guess every other corps is classless because I wasn't congratulated 24 times.

Or was it the fact that some individuals overheard some Blue Devils having conversations with other people about the Finals night loss? I find it funny that is is considered classless to have a conversation with another member or even a family member or friend and have someone eavesdrop in and make a judgment call on an organization.

I just find this whole thread so amusing, a bunch of 40-60+ year old guys reliving their glory days and a few 3rd chair clarinets from some unknown high school bashing 149 people (+ thousands of past members, volunteers, staff) who I spent a summer with busting a**es and having a great time doing it.

PS. I suggest you oldies (and youngies) stick to marching 120 bpm at an 8 to 5, instead of trying to to hang with those who have done things you can only watch on DVDs

Regards,

A Proud 2008 Blue Devil

Wow...arrogant as...

Regards,

A Proud 2008 Blue Devil

I dont fit into any of those categories, but i still think you're a punk...does that count? Thanks for proving the point, and bringing this thread back from the dead. Had you kept your mouth shut, it would have been gone, but now it gets all kind of new attention. So, not only are you arrogant, but you seem pretty foolish too - great combo :tongue: