Jolesch Photography- an unpleasant experience

Bossop

My corps, the Crusaders Senior Corps of Boston has recently been unhappy with Jolesch on two issues. And I'm not talking about errors in the past when some of our members were sent photos of the Rochester Crusaders by mistake. These things happen, and no one is perfect.

Our corps likes to send out a corps Christmas card with a photo of the corps on it. I asked Jolesch if they provided that service (printing the cards) and is so, what they would charge. I also requested permission to reproduce the photo if they didn't provide the service. They said that they didn't provide this service, and that they wouldn't give us the release to reproduce the photo. Now, I looked at my wall in my family room, and I counted about 10 Jolesch photos that I have purchased over the years. Many of my fellow corps members also have a collection of Jolesch photos. That's a lot of money spent over the years, and it would have cost Jolesch nothing in sales to release the photo. If anything, they would have gained some good will. Greed is a terrible thing.

The second issue is a poster we ordered from them that was to be presented at our end of the year party to a deserving corps member. We were promised that this would be delivered on time, and we already had the entire corps autograph the matt so it would be ready for presentation. It did not arrive in time, so there was no presentation, which disappointed many.

I wonder what DCA gets out of having Jolesch do the photography. Do they get a flat fee; a percentage of sales, or what?

I just think the company was inconsiderate and I am even considering asking my corps mates to boycott the company- have the photo taken, but don't buy any.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These folks make me angry every time I turn a corner.They should be banned from the activity.

After the "Official corps picture" put everyone on a hillside and take a "Unofficial corps picture".

Jolesch is one of those companies where if you don't ignore them, they will never go away.

There are hills in Rochester? :thumbup:

Very unfortunate - I will pass your concerns on.

Me too in either 06 or 07.

me three in 06 & 07. :thumbup: