What do you do when you can't decide on a name for your show?

N Murphy

Use the name of the song

Most people don't listen to the title of the show. They're busy talking about the last show they saw or about something else while your guard sets up

Judges are generally busy completing notes/scores from the previous show and/or making their intro comments, getting a quick drink of water, etc. and don't really pay attention when the announcer is talking. And honestly, the name has no impact on judges' comments or thoughts about your show.

Sometimes the title of a show effects understanding of a concept. Ever watched a performance and thought "i dont get it"...and then you see the title and all is clear? Ha...it does happen and titles can be important.

Use the name of the song

Most people don't listen to the title of the show. They're busy talking about the last show they saw or about something else while your guard sets up

Judges are generally busy completing notes/scores from the previous show and/or making their intro comments, getting a quick drink of water, etc. and don't really pay attention when the announcer is talking. And honestly, the name has no impact on judges' comments or thoughts about your show.

I disagree. I think sometimes that's the only clue you have to the show concept.

In my opinion if you cannot figure out the show concept without a title than the designer is not doing his / her job very well. Some shows do not need a concept, they can simply be about good colorguard. If the show has a clear concept a title should not be needed to explain it.

i prefer a more duchampien da-daist approach to program titles! :tongue:

In my opinion if you cannot figure out the show concept without a title than the designer is not doing his / her job very well. Some shows do not need a concept, they can simply be about good colorguard. If the show has a clear concept a title should not be needed to explain it.

While I agree with that wholeheartedly, I think some shows/guards have become artsy/creative/inventive (call it what you will) to the point that the audience needs a pamphlet to "get it"