Things that Happened on Tour...

Many things can happen between the months of May and August. Here we can laugh about things that happened that no one knew about until after they got home and started watching the news or hanging out with non-corps people.

My first example would be in 2007... the Soulja Boy. I came home from my first drum corps tour, and all of a sudden, everyone knew this new "dance step" (if you can call it that) and I had no idea what was going on.

Second '07 example... the Mississippi bridge collapse. That was an on-tour thing because many of the parents were talking about it and we were pretty close to Mississippi at the time.

Third example in 2008... I got home and and all of a sudden, Russia invaded Georgia. It was an often-discussed topic and I had to fill myself in on what was going on.

Any others?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bernie Mac died. I found out as we were lining up to go on for finals. I dedicated my duet part to him :)

some former president died while we were on tour between 2004-2006. don't remember who. I just remember it being a big deal. (It's the first day of break, and I clearly can't think straight right now).

also......

Bob Barker died. :tongue:

well with people having internet and and cell phones there wasnt much missed.

some former president died while we were on tour between 2004-2006. don't remember who. I just remember it being a big deal. (It's the first day of break, and I clearly can't think straight right now).

Probably Reagan, I think...In 04?