Where have all the audio and video extras gone?

Just popped in the DVD's last night after waiting for them to get here UPS ground....snow storm.....took 10 days. Thats cool.

ANYWAY, really was looking forward to hearing the commentary during some of the corps' shows--like Bluecoats and SCV (well not so much for SCV as they got pushed out of the top 6)....

Also wanted to watch the percussion cam during Phantom's show.......

and was looking forward to listening to the percussion judge as he ran all around the Cavaliers drum line.

Nothing. :blink:

Nothing. :worthy: :worthy:

Nothing. :tongue::tic::worthy:

Did the price of the DVD's drop dramatically to cover for such a difference in the overall quality and package that they presented? According to my AMEX statement, no. Similar price. Less offerings.

I am sure that there is a posting about this on here somewhere.....please guide me to where i can learn more about the reason why.

And of all years to do it to me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that there is a posting about this on here somewhere.....please guide me to where i can learn more about the reason why.

One possible reason is that the DVDs are now produced in anamorphic widescreen, which is a godsend to anyone with a widescreen or HD television. It's a feature many of us have been begging for for years. Anamorphic widescreen is a much higher quality of video, and requires a good deal more room on the disc to accommodate. For me, it's absolutely worth the trade-off.

Additionally, you have to understand that there's a huge production cost involved for all those extra features. It's quite possible that DCI had to make a call on including the extras while raising the price vs dropping the features and keeping the price the same.