Tiny, but interesting things you've seen.

So in 1975 Cavaliers, at 7 minutes and 23 seconds into the show there is a shot of the crowd. Look at the right side of the screen and about three quarters of the way down. You will see a guy that flicks off the camera and tells his buddy what he just did. It's quite hilarious.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the opening statement in Cavaliers 06, where the guard is first integrated into the horn block, multi cam catches a flag hitting a tuba and the tuba player nervously checks to see if his mouthpiece is still in place, kinda funny.

Found it... though I can't really tell if a flag hits his horn... hard to tell with the crazy work going on there.

Jazzy movement in the same show, trumpet player does a robot dance and a guard guy hits him in the head, and promptly begins to do a ridiculous thrusting motion-dance which the multi cam barely catches hahaha

Oh, you mean the guy who bonks him... I don't think I've ever paid attention to that. Funny.

watch for the occasional horn player randomly running around as though they were being chased by the cops in BD 1996. very cool.

Thank god somebody else has noticed this. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I mention it.

There's one point towards the end of the show where two horns sprint all the way around a couple of giant forms.

I even spoke with somebody who marched that year and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Cavies 08 multi-cam just catches a guy doing the hop-skip to get back into step. >_> But this topic isn't about mistakes.

Cavaliers '08 where the mellophone bends waaaay back and then just smacks the dude (well, a stage smack) with his mello... Took me forever to notice that. I was too stuck amazed at the high cam that I didn't notice all the awesome up close stuff in the show.

Bluecoats 08- all the crazy hand motions the announcer makes at the beginning. Funny, but I guess that is what you gotta do to get them to see it from the stands.

Cadets '07- I had only seen the quarterfinals of this, and I had seen it so many times! It always said "Lets start from the trumpet solo!" Then, I finally get a chance to watch the full finals version (when they put 2007 finals on the fan network), and he says "Lets do something WITHOUT VOICE!" and the crowd erupts. I had seen the show a zillion times, and never that because I was watching quarters...

Cavaliers '06- I don't think I'll EVER pick up everything in that show.

Cavies 05- Two horns at once? sweet!

Edited by crazymello

...'Course, I also can't help watching my own 25+ year old mistakes...*sigh*

Well, sure, Sam, but where do you even start? I mean, there were SO many! :worthy:

03 Phantom a member loses his shoe. Im not sure when but there is a cose up and he drags the foot without the shoe on it.

Cadets 2005 - The last measure of drumspeak in the video shows two up close snares speaking into a microphone. The one throws his hand up wildly in passion, I guess, and catches the other one in the head and moves his shako.

Edited by Toby
youtube video link removal. TS

92 SCV: a big head of garth from wayne's world was leaning against a metal platform type thing on the track of the stadium right before the bottle dance.......always wondered why it was there

Edit: Correction, it was 92 SCV....not VK

Edited by Huntington Mallets