Best and Worst Uniforms (2008)

Cavies: definitely best guard uniform.

Crown: cool guard uniform. Loved the wacky hair.

BD: mmm..I guess the skirt thing was alright but I like the look from the previous 2 years more.

Madison Scouts: Just NO NO NO. BAD.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars......NOOOOOO!!!!! I feel BS totally sold out to innovation here. The old blue/crossstraps was their look. The helmets with the red plume was THEIR LOOK. I dunno who this new corps is, granted they are very competitive and more successful than the old Blue Stars were, but I'm very disappointed they abandoned their identity in favor of innovation.

So, the Blue Stars' identity is solely based on what they are wearing? I know that's not what you meant entirely, but it's certainly how that sounds.

I agree that a uniform is a very historical part of any corps, but that's just it: history. Sure, they're wearing different garments now, but they still exude the same amount of class, respect, and pride that the Blue Stars exuded in 1972, and what gave the Blue Stars their identity, right?

Anyways, loved the new look, Blue Stars!

I think the Blue Stars' uniforms are very effective. Not only are they innovative, but they give sharp visual contrast as well.

And am I the only person that thinks that if Madison just added white pants, their uniform would look awesome?

And am I the only person that thinks that if Madison just added white pants, their uniform would look awesome?

And a different shade of green...I actually like the jacket design, it's just the color that's off.

Go to the shade of the superman suit and white pants and LEAVE IT ALONE for a few years.....

Loved Blue Stars new uniform. Also Blue Knights - looks like Raiders in the Open Class a little, but I like the addition of the dots.

Guard - CROWN! Their guard uniforms pulled the whole show together perfectly. SCV gets an honorable mention for all of the effect that their costume changes created in between and DURING pieces! That last change to the blue was great. I would've loved to have marched in Blue Stars uniforms - sneakers! Looked very comfortable, and it fit the show perfectly. The different colors worked well too.

Cavies: definitely best guard uniform.

Crown: cool guard uniform. Loved the wacky hair.

BD: mmm..I guess the skirt thing was alright but I like the look from the previous 2 years more.

Madison Scouts: Just NO NO NO. BAD.

with the scouts i liked it and didn't like it... i liked it because it was there 70th and they were going for a boy scout like look but i didn't like it because they need to stick to a uniform and stop changing it... im not going to lie its a waste of money

Blue Devils' uniforms were cool for the show, but I don't think they're applicable to any other theme, so I think we'll see a return of the 07 uniform.

Phantom's was really cool, fit the Spartacus theme pretty well.

Crown, I miss the purple, but the cream looks so much nicer. I think they've been trying to make themselves look like 92-93 Star in the last couple of years.

Crossmen, the white was good because it brought out all the colors in the guard more.

Madison's uniform made me want to puke. Fecal matter green vest and a tie do not look very good. I know green uniforms are there to hide the corps on the feild, but I wish they would have gone a little farther so I wouldn't have had to see them at all.

Blue Star's new uniforms don't command as much respect as the old ones. I miss the helmet, the blue, and the sashes. Didn't they get a pattent on that helmet a while back?

Pacific Crest needs something more than just black on their uniform.

Glassmen's uniforms are just about as bland as their shows.

Santa Clara's uniforms looked cool, just a little to christmasy. I think they need to go back to white pants and red jackets.

Blue Coats, I like the new uniform, but I think they need the white to distinguish themselves from the Blue Devils. They pretty much look like the same corps with different headgear.

Colts, I'm not sure when these new uniforms came out, or if they are even new anymore, but they are so much cooler than the older ones.

Blue Devils' uniforms were cool for the show, but I don't think they're applicable to any other theme, so I think we'll see a return of the 07 uniform.

I'd rather see a return to the 80-early 90s ones, but I'm biased.

Pacific Crest needs something more than just black on their uniform.

The same could be said of a lot of corps....there is WAY too much black out there...especially in small corps that only go in in daylight.

Santa Clara's uniforms looked cool, just a little to christmasy. I think they need to go back to white pants and red jackets.

Too X-masy?? Have you ever seen them prior to 84 -- the first year they wore white pants?

Blue Coats...

I'll beat some alums to the punch here....it's "Bluecoats"....one word....no breaks.....y'know....like it says on their website??

Colts, I'm not sure when these new uniforms came out, or if they are even new anymore, but they are so much cooler than the older ones.

The Tony-the-Tiger unis were new for 07...very different, but also very striking.

I found the skirt on BD this summer distracting, but I did like their white plumes. And their guard uniforms were HORRIBLE! Belly buttons and neon. Ugh.

I liked the change in the SCV uniforms (both Vanguard and the Cadets.) The only thing that really bothered me was indeed, The Michael's Christmas ribbon bargin sashes. I liked the red. Just not the fabric choice.

And I have loved the new Mandarins uniforms ever since their preview. You know it's that little corp from Sactown when that burnt orange comes on the field. They are a 1000+ better than their previous uniforms, and though they went for the cadet style uniform, they kept their unique asian flair with the inspired cumberbun and gauntlets.

As for guard uniforms, loved the SCV uniforms, Crowns uniforms and the Cavies uniforms. I really did not like BD's guard uniforms (see above) and the Mandarins guard uniforms were... well, yikes. Ditto that for the Scouts guard uniforms.