Best and Worst Uniforms (2008)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Blue Stars to return to their old open class/div II uniform. For me, the uniform seems to represent a direction change and seeing that old uniform, while it has a lot of wonderful history, would look silly next to people that keep their uniform design "current" and snappy.

I do think, however, that they should go back to 2007's uniform... I guess they got tired of the whole two-color thing, but I still think it's fun. But I guess eventually people'd be like "yeah, yeah... get a new gimmick." Alright.

But the hats... I think the shakos looked a little lame, especially compared to their old hats, which I definitely had to get used to... but I did. And I liked them.

I think if Madison had white pants... I dunno, I don't think it would suit them at all. I don't mind their uniforms, but they do seem to get a little cluttered with the field... perhaps a different shade of olive.

And I have to say: (this is my strongest opinion)

I hate Crown's uniform. Sorry. I don't get how cream/beige/brown was ever a good idea for any corps, Star included. Crown is still represented (by fans, at least) with purple and there's not an inch of purple on their uniforms anymore. I think it would be a good decision to change that, but that's me. I kind of see it as part of their "cheese factor": another reason I really can't take them too seriously (which has worked fantastically for their last few shows, but... maybe they'll want some options).

Also what bugs me is that the cream, in the summer sunlight, tends to look white (many a times watching a high cam saying "Phantom?"). That's also minorly true of the Blue Star's now-white-dominated uniform.

I also don't think very highly of their guard outfits. I think it went well with the show. But it's the type of look that might give me nightmares. Perhaps that was the intention. :X

Edited by Stryfe

Okay i was thinking more about Crossmen's uniforms....

So yeah i said I really like the uniforms back pre 07, which was same design just red instead of white. Okay so i also think that the white helps them from the stands. There has to be something that stands out. the uniforms pre 07 were just too dark. Crossmen red is very dark when put on black. Although I like the red better as just an overall look, I also like the white, because it makes more sense than an all dark/black uniform. And because their uniforms are so primarily black in the first place the white actually really does brighten up the field a bit.... now the 07 unis just looked sloppy and awful... sorry.

And to sam... about BD

If they went back to those unis I would go nuts. I actually love that old look... now if they could just add a little more of the style from back then, and mmmmmm, yummmmm. But this will never happen...

I swear I should have been born before the late 80's...

If they went back to those unis I would go nuts. I actually love that old look... now if they could just add a little more of the style from back then, and mmmmmm, yummmmm. But this will never happen...

I swear I should have been born before the late 80's...

Heh....your loss! it was a GREAT time to start getting involved...I had NO idea what I was getting myself into!

And am I the only person that thinks that if Madison just added white pants, their uniform would look awesome?

Agreed 100%. I don't support white pants very often, but Madison should wear white pants every year until forever!

I loved SCV's new uniforms this year. It was a very subtle change, but it took their traditional look and added a lot more presence.

And I have to say: (this is my strongest opinion)

I hate Crown's uniform. Sorry. I don't get how cream/beige/brown was ever a good idea for any corps, Star included. Crown is still represented (by fans, at least) with purple and there's not an inch of purple on their uniforms anymore. I think it would be a good decision to change that, but that's me. I kind of see it as part of their "cheese factor": another reason I really can't take them too seriously (which has worked fantastically for their last few shows, but... maybe they'll want some options).

That's funny, because their last uniforms (with such a minute tinge of that purple you think that people associate Crown with) were the same exact shade of cream.

Glassmen's uniforms are just about as bland as their shows.

i think those uniforms are very distinct from the stands. And i love the shows.

Blue Devs should definitely keep the white plumes. I loved that. The skirts were quite cool, but only fitting for that show, I think.

I don't know what Anaheim Kingsmen's alumni outfit looks like... link?

...KAC still alive in '08 and '09...

curtsey2007ws0.jpg

vicki2ta7.jpg

vickipc4.jpg