Cavies flute player

If the flute was in a cathedral or a grotto or even a shower room, that would be good ol' fashioned echo. What the Cavies used was good ol' fashioned electronic reverb, which is an electronic effect outside the bounds of simple amplification sanctioned in the DCI rules as of 2008.

oh joy another issue like BD 07 and the Jabba thing. gotta love rules that are ok when it's suits the purpose

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are all thinking that....mmmmm hitting a saxaphone mmmm....

they melt well too in the fire is big enough

I think we are all thinking that....mmmmm hitting a saxaphone mmmm....

I'd rather hit a trumpit.

Or a tooba.

or a Barratone.

If the flute was in a cathedral or a grotto or even a shower room, that would be good ol' fashioned echo. What the Cavies used was good ol' fashioned electronic reverb, which is an electronic effect outside the bounds of simple amplification sanctioned in the DCI rules as of 2008.

Did you operate the sound board in 2008?

No? I didn't think so.

They did not use a reverb effect. They just had a guy who knows how to play a slide whistle with dynamics.

Or did you think it was that hard to play the same note over and over while making the dynamic softer?

Did you operate the sound board in 2008?

No? I didn't think so.

They did not use a reverb effect. They just had a guy who knows how to play a slide whistle with dynamics.

Or did you think it was that hard to play the same note over and over while making the dynamic softer?

I don't think you're hearing what I'm referring to. FWIW, the dulcimer exploits the same effect.

Also FWIW, I too think the whistle playing is done masterfully.

Edited by corps-mudgeon

Interesting thread! I've always heard that the Cavies had a guy who could play the flute, but I thought is was just an urban legend!!

You don't want to know the urban legends I've read about you.

:thumbdown:

Garry in Vegas

You don't want to know the urban legends I've read about you.
And I always thought I was just a legend in my own mind! But 6 pages of comments on a thread about a Cavies flute player, without even a single double entendre, was just too much to resist.

Interesting thread! I've always heard that the Cavies had a guy who could play the flute, but I thought it was just an urban legend!!

Ignoring the obvious... haha

Cavies did have a guy that could play flute a year or two ago. It was a member of their guard who won Flute I&E. Music Major from Florida State I do believe. Moved on to Madison for this past season though, and I believe won Flute I&E again.