Finals Predictions

6. Teal Sound- From what I've heard this is a building year for some reason. New percussion staff as well. But who knows.

Have you read the Bio's Of The Percussion Staff?

John Campese, Lee Hansen, Jared Johnson, these are 3 Key Guys, I feel, to Boston Crusaders in the early 2000's ( Yes there were other Key staff members) But Look what Wonderful work they do with Infinity! I think Teal Sound has an Awesome Percussion Staff this season.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Blue Devils B

2) Oregon Crusaders

3) Teal Sound

4) Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

5) Citations

6) Raiders

7) Revolution

8) Dutch Boy

9) Velvet Knights

10) Memphis Sound

11) Music City

12) 7th Regiment

13) Capital Regiment

14) Legends

15) Racine Scouts

16) Colt Cadets

17) Les Stentors

18) Spirit of Newark/New Jersey

19) Blue Saints

I think the top three are right because of the upset of 0.05 the Blue Devils B corps is coming back for revenge! Oregon Crusaders are growing because of their placement last year and Teal Sound is always a top competitor.

I have not read any reports from any corps, or know any kind of information from any of the Open Class corps other than the one I march with (which I won't say who it is, because I don't think it's important. But if you want to know, send me a message.). My guesses here are just that; complete guesses, mainly based off of last year.

Top 3:

Blue Devils

Vanguard Cadets

Teal Sound

-Citations could be in the top three somewhere, seeing on the staff they got last year. But if not in the top three, then the top five.

-Raiders might be about the same as last year (they were like 8th, I think, but I don't really remember), but I can see them a couple of spots higher, up to maybe 6th or 5th.

-Revolution will be right around Raiders in placement, either one higher or one lower. Either way, I can see these two corps placing next to each other.

-Dutch Boy will also be right around both Raiders and Revolution, I'm just not sure of the placements of these three corps.

-Memphis Sound (if they're still going by that name, where as they are in Texas now), again, I could see them placing about the same as last year.

-If Velvet Knight were to make finals this year, I think they would be towards the bottom, anywhere from 10th-12th. If they don't make finals, then high in Semis (13th-15th).

-Even though Capital Regiment was a Division 1 the last time they were out, it will take a few years for them to really rebuild and become strong again. I can see them in the middle of the pack at Semis (14th-16th).

-As with VK, Legends just came out a few years ago, and have been making a name for them selfs. I can see them placing high in Semis (13th-15), or, if they make it, low in Finals(10th-12th).

Those are they only guesses I have as of right now. Good luck to all competing drum corps this summer, both in Open and World Class! :thumbup:

My prediction....With BDB and SCVC consistently placing within the top 3, either could take the division, but I have Teal in 2nd slightly edging SCVC. Spots 4 through 10 is a toss up for me, Raiders and Revo usually keep it close and Im curious as to whether or not the Citations will duplicate and/or improve on last seasons' success. Should be an interesting season.

1. Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

2. Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

3. Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

4. Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

5. Raiders - Wayne, NJ

6. Revolution - San Antonio, TX

7. Citations - Burlington, MA

8. Memphis Sound - Memphis, TN

9. 7th Regiment - New London, CT

10. Capital Regiment - Columbus, OH

11. Dutch Boy - Kitchener, ON

12. Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

13. Music City - Nashville, TN

14. Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

15. Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QCRacine Scouts - Racine, WI

16. Racine Scouts - Racine, WI

17. Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

18. Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

19. Spirit of Newark/New Jersey - Newark, NJ

Edited by Charlie "Boom Boom"

they're trying but it doesn't seem at all like it will be financially possible

I ust hate hearing about any corps having to fold :tongue:

Have you read the Bio's Of The Percussion Staff?

John Campese, Lee Hansen, Jared Johnson, these are 3 Key Guys, I feel, to Boston Crusaders in the early 2000's ( Yes there were other Key staff members) But Look what Wonderful work they do with Infinity! I think Teal Sound has an Awesome Percussion Staff this season.

Not only do they have good bios, but the repertoire that Teal has chosen this year seems MUCH more conducive to strong percussion content design than last year's repertoire. The first year Teal did music of Rajaton, their choices seemed to provide a great canvas for a strong percussion book - the second year of Rajaton music..... not so much. This year's repertoire should offer a considerably better canvass for the new percussion staff than last year's did for the previous staff.

Jason

That has zero impact on my views, I keep business and personal apart. On the business side we are sold-out all summer and Memphis has always handled accounts with us 100% under Pam Opie. On the dum corps side, it is concerning that no pics or videos are available to see the progress of any corps but with the major changes for Memphis it is even more of a huge question mark.

Between the lines is one thing, outside the lines is another. Keep the students safe and running down the road and that will be great. Past history shows that bus payments have been an issue with Memphis. FYI - Give me a call and I will shed some light on real reason for the change!.

God Speed,

Jim

"Jim", your comments are highly inappropriate and unnecessary. Since when does not posting content and numbers to a website equal doom for a corps? As far as the corps payment history, get real. I can think of most corps with some type of debt/payment issues. Has Mempho folded? I didn't think so.

I really hope your "business" stays afloat with comments like that...however, I wouldn't be so sure.

Edited by euphguy

Way to go Capital Regiment! Great score that puts CR in first place. This was the first show for CR. Imagine their scores with a few more shows and practices under their belt!! LOOK OUT Open Class Capital Regiment is BACK!!!!!