Finals Predictions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, are we sure Cap Reg is going to be in Open Class this year? If we're absolutely sure then I'll put them in.

well we're sure that DCI has said that if they are approved to come back, they will be in Open Class...so the question is are they coming back (will they be approved) or not...not which class it will be coming back to.

well we're sure that DCI has said that if they are approved to come back, they will be in Open Class...so the question is are they coming back (will they be approved) or not...not which class it will be coming back to.

Thanks, I'll add them to my predictions.

People keep mentioning a staff change for Memphis Sound. 90% of the staff from last year is returning. A few new key additions have been added to the staff. There is also a high return rate of vets from the 2008 season.

The move to Dallas is proving to be a good move thus far. We are really looking forward to the 2009 season.

I'm confused, why are people picking Raiders ahead of Teal Sound? Isn't this the same Raiders corps that Teal Sound was beating decisively in the beginning of the season last year?

Also, sunguard, did Teal Sound add anyone new on the visual staff?

Here are my predictions...

1. Oregon Crusaders: Huge jump last year from 2007. Everything I've heard about them since they went through all those changes in 2007 has been that this corps came back from almost folding and is on the rise. With the merger of Spokane and Cascades, I expect some of the members of Spokane might go to the Crusaders. These factors put them over the top this year.

2. BDB: Back with a vengeance about being denied last year and they top the Vanguard Cadets, but Crusaders' momentum proves to be too much for them and they take 2nd again.

3. Vanguard Cadets: Love them but it could've gone either way last year. I expect both BD corps to come back with a vengeance last year and so I think Vanguard Cadets will fall to 3rd.

4. Teal Sound: Surprised that they seemed to fall off at the end of last season. Not sure where to put this corps, they have the potential to win I think, but that's what people were saying last year and they didn't come through. Perhaps it was only due to the theft that took place on tour because I really think this corps can do it, but for now I'll put them 4th.

5. Citations: I expect that they'll be bigger this year since they proved last year that they are for real. Another year for the old Spartans staff and this corps should be much improved. How will the percussion do this year? This corps has a lot of potential.

6. Captial Regiment: Not sure how strong they'll be this year in their return. It's been a couple years so I'm not expecting a lot of old vets back. I think they'll be very close with Citations.

7. Revolution: Percussion was really strong last year but this corps seems to just be "hanging around" back here. With Crossmen supposedly pulling in a lot of auditionees, I expect to see more of the same from this corps. Come out and prove me wrong!

8. Dutch Boy: This corps is on its way up! I enjoyed your show last year and I think this corps will continue to improve.

9. Raiders: I want to put this corps higher because they're supposedly bigger but I'm not sure. They were big in 2007 and that didn't help them. I think Dutch Boy continues to improve and beats them out this year. I'd like to hear why people are placing them so high, maybe I'm missing something about them. They've been around this spot for the last few years, haven't they?

10. Yamato: Glad to see them back last year and I think they will build on their finals appearance.

11. Spartans: Excited to see what the percussion will look like in 2009. I think the addition of Tom Aungst has to generate some excitement throughout the corps in general and I think we'll see more horn players this year. No way they don't come back to make finals IMO.

12. Legends: Build on a great first year and make their first finals appearance!

13. VK: Could go either way between them and Legends. Hopefully they do well enough to get on the DVD so I can see them whenever I want. Love this corps.

I didn't add any new corps to this list because I have nothing to go on. I think there will be a big gap between 13 and the rest of the corps, new corps notwithstanding.

Good luck to all corps this year!

EDIT: Added to include Capital Regiment.

Yes, Teal did change their entire visual staff.

Go to this link for the staff. http://www.tealsound.org/drumbuglecorps/staff.html

This should answer your question.

With their move to Bflats and anticipated increase in size whatch out for 7th Regiment sneaking in the back door. This corps is consistently improving.

I had heard about this but wasn't sure what to make of it. I live about 2 hours away from New London, maybe if I have some time I'll come to a Show & Tell and see for myself. Success in any Open Class corps is always a good thing, especially the ones like 7th Regiment who are generally nice people and have been waiting so long for it to happen!

I also want to mention that I was very impressed with how well the Crusaders' percussion book was integrated with the horn book last year. I think they have a very underrated percussion section.

I don't think they're underrated at all! At least not in my opinion. They were one of the most enjoyable sections on the entire DVD! And didn't a couple of their snares make All-American? Keep it up, you guys have my prediction for the High Percussion Award! :tongue:

Edited by MetalTones2012