Campus Door

Link to article

Campus Door will close its doors in Carlisle

by DAN MILLER, Of The Patriot-News

Thursday September 11, 2008, 11:50 AM

The Patriot-News 2005

Campus Door is closing next month after providing private student loans to college students since 1995.

Campus Door, a Carlisle-based company that has been providing private student loans to college students since 1995, will close in October.

The closing will result in the loss of 142 jobs at the Carlisle location, Campus Door said in a notice provided to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. The state has posted the Campus Door job notice on the L&I Web site.

Calls to Campus Door were referred to Lehman Brothers, the Wall Street investment firm that acquired Campus Door in 2006.

Campus Door is also one of seven student loan companies that has agreed to pay a combined $1.4 million to settle a probe into deceptive marketing practices that was launched by New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.

I found this interesting, since it is one of DCI's only sponsors not music related... and it looks like they will be a sponsor no more... I found this by accident, couldn't really find any other article, if you go to the their website it says that they are no longer accepting applications for loans.

Just thought it interesting since people have been talking about getting sponsorship.

Heh, not a big fan of them. Guess it happens.

it happens

"What, ####?"

Name that movie...

"What, ####?"

Name that movie...

Forrest Gump

Campus Door was bought out by Lehman Brothers back in early 2007.

On 9/15/08, Lehman Brothers filed for Bankruptcy and then were bought out themselves.

It makes sense to me that somewhere along the way, Campus Door got lost in the shuffle.

Link to article

I found this by accident, couldn't really find any other article, if you go to the their website it says that they are no longer accepting applications for loans.

If you found something in the pennlive/Patriot News archives it must have been by accident as their search feature kinda sucks big time..... :tongue::tongue:

If you found something in the pennlive/Patriot News archives it must have been by accident as their search feature kinda sucks big time..... :sumo::tongue:

Haha, i found it through google actually... i clicked on a link to the website on DCI.org just because I never really knew what it was.. and then noticed the message on their website.. i searched a bunch of news sites, then did a google search, and that came up...