Spartans bankruptcy / discussion

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS01/301109955

Published: Saturday, January 10, 2009

Drum & bugle corps files for bankruptcy

By MICHAEL BRINDLEY Staff Writer

mbrindley@nashuatelegraph.com

NASHUA – The Spartans Drum & Bugle Corps, a Nashua institution that dates back to the 1950s, has filed for bankruptcy protection, according to records filed in United States Bankruptcy Court.

Edited by Eddie
Per DCP Guidelines: Copyrighted news or discussion information may not be posted in its entirety on our site unless permission has been granted by the owner / author.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bankruptcy filing came after the state's Charitable Trusts Unit, a division of the Attorney General's office, filed a petition Oct. 27 to remove the Spartans board of directors in October, according to records in Hillsborough County Superior Probate Court.

man, i didn't even know you could petition to remove an entire board. unfortunately i know another group who needs to have this happen. too bad to (potentially) lose such a great force in open class

The Spartans Drum Bugle Corps, a Nashua institution that dates back to the 1950s, has filed for bankruptcy protection, according to records filed in United States Bankruptcy Court.The Spartans organization filed November 24 for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which provides protection to an organization, allowing it to continue operating...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...5&Itemid=39

This is truly sad. So many people put their lives into this corps. People that gave up top 6 World class corps contracts to age out in the spartans. It is really a terrible day for drum corps.

It will be really hard to see this corps go since it has been such a staple in the New England area. Best wishes to everyone involved in the corps and the members to find another place to march.

Wow... I thought the Americanos were in bad shape... This is sad news to hear. The east coast is about to loose yet another great corps.

I think the only shot the Spartans could have is if Pete stepped aside. But, even then, a huge amount of debt would have to be eliminated. The building cost is the majority of the debt, but no one is buying bingo halls today.

The same could be said of the Americanos. Their building is not going to sell anytime soon and there is not sufficient bingo revenue to support a corps. The State of Wisconsin has been very lax in allowing this organization to remain even though there is no chance a competitive drum corps coming out of that organization anytime soon. And same thing...Colosso would have to step aside for that to even have a shot.