The Scoop Please :)

Ok so I've put it off long enough.....

TCGC CySprings show tidbits:

First, I'm going to complement Code Black world in the first show. The guard starts and ends the show with a superb dance feature. There are lots of tasty tosses, exchanges and floor flag work that will wow the crowd a the Houston WGI regional. That's all I'll say about that :)

Second, a VERY BIG :laughing: to KC Michaels' work with Westfield! It was the return of class and sophistication for the 11 time state champions. Shades of pink and strong hands made this show. Wish I could remember the name of the soundtrack.

Third, two words: OAK RIDGE! All I can say is they were by far the best movers of the night. Gating props that change staging with a strong sabre book and OMG that soloist!

That's all I'll say on here about that. Some great things happening in the circuit this year. Sch A class is going to be super competitive.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've put it off long enough.....

TCGC CySprings show tidbits:

First, I'm going to complement Code Black world in the first show. The guard starts and ends the show with a superb dance feature. There are lots of tasty tosses, exchanges and floor flag work that will wow the crowd a the Houston WGI regional. That's all I'll say about that :)

Second, a VERY BIG :rolleyes: to KC Michaels' work with Westfield! It was the return of class and sophistication for the 11 time state champions. Shades of pink and strong hands made this show. Wish I could remember the name of the soundtrack.

Third, two words: OAK RIDGE! All I can say is they were by far the best movers of the night. Gating props that change staging with a strong sabre book and OMG that soloist!

That's all I'll say on here about that. Some great things happening in the circuit this year. Sch A class is going to be super competitive.

Westfield performed to "Gravity" by Sara Bareillies. It's what Cedar Park did last season in SA with Michael Floyd.

cheshire world guard has made the cover and is featured in the most recent wgi focus magazine! :rolleyes:

my source says they are already spinning and moving at a higher level than last season! :thumbup:

My sources tell me EVERYONE is..... in the SW this year, it's step up or get out.

Trumbull is as well...their book is off the chain this year

My sources tell me EVERYONE is..... in the SW this year, it's step up or get out.

Ars Nova

A: Pretty good! There show is about The City Of Atlantis....beautiful flag feature, should so pretty well at dallas power regional and wgi

O: Omg like they worked me out! Maybe i'm a bit biased hahaha. The show is about the stages of life and oh my word i've never seen it done in such an intense way! The opening movement is a nice departure from the usual ballet based movement we see in guards today. Amazing soloist moments, cool exchanges, high tosses, and fierce performance faces! They were in blacks but the hair and makeup was well done. The floor was gold with yellow and brown hues throughout, haven't seen one so simple yet so complex. I'm just in love with this show! The ending is soooo great like hopefully it will stay the same and you guys will get to see it. I'm just in love with this show lol

Black Gold world

This show makes me think of one word "sophistication"! The story behind the show is beautiful...the guard uses coat hangers in a way that i would've never thought to....just a joy to watch, very pretty show! Oh and I'm wodering what the sabre soloist tosses at the top of the show....it's breathe taking

* So yeah my review isn't the best but i'm just a performer who enjoys twirling my heart out hahah ( and yes i like saying twiriling instead of spinning) just thought you guys would like to know whats going on in the North TX circut*

* So yeah my review isn't the best but i'm just a performer who enjoys twirling my heart out hahah ( and yes i like saying twiriling instead of spinning) just thought you guys would like to know whats going on in the North TX circut*

thanks!,your enthusiasm and exuberance for the activity is welcomed and appreciated!

thanks for posting,keep it up! :rolleyes:

......more from this season's wgi focus magazine:the james lipton of pageantry david hill has written an enlightening article titled "a show comes to life",where he highlights four of wgi's finest designers as they take us into their creative design process. :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

My sources tell me that Field of View was fabulous in the show this past weekend! They are marching a full guard and performing to a middle eastern soundtrack. From what I hear they are wearing costumes that could fit into a ziploc baggy..in other words they are pretty much naked.

a VERY BIG :thumbup: to KC Michaels' work with Westfield!

here's the scoop on some of k.c. michel's color guard credits.they include:the thunderbolt's 1988,89 and 90.pomona h.s. 1994,"in the pulse of memory" [1st place] and again in 2004 and 2005 [sW finalist].he consulted with chimeras 1998 and 99 as well as consulting with alliance of miami in 2001.he also worked with the award winning westfield h.s. from 1995-2002.

My sources tell me that Field of View was fabulous in the show this past weekend! They are marching a full guard and performing to a middle eastern soundtrack. From what I hear they are wearing costumes that could fit into a ziploc baggy..in other words they are pretty much naked.

Caught them at the show this past weekend at Hillsborough. Really entertaining show that would be great in IA and they should consider doing something about the amount of skin showing. It was actually distracting and inappropriate.

Caught them at the show this past weekend at Hillsborough. Really entertaining show that would be great in IA and they should consider doing something about the amount of skin showing. It was actually distracting and inappropriate.

This thread is useless without pictures!