Being Cut because you're fat?

I'm sorry, but as a person in the fitness industry, I do not buy for one second that you have known guys that were 50 lbs overweight but at the front of the running block everyday. Anyone who is 50 lbs overweight is obese and out of shape. It is absolutely impossible to be that overweight and be in shape and capable of being at the front of the block.

Hate to break it to you, but your fitness industry must be incredible, as I have not only seen it, but have lived it.....you are making assumptions that 50 pounds overweight issome death number. I want you to take some time and go to a college level or above football practice. There you will see guys 100plus pounds overweight, that would be in the front of a block.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI World Class drum corps has, by the nature of its cost, and elitist values that result in an activity that benefits a privileged few, has turned itself into a white elephant. That, along with DCI's multi-million dollar debt have pretty much insured that it won't be able to sustain itself in its current form. That's fact, not a matter of conjecture or opinion.

Then stop supporting them. Stop supporting the elitists. Don't go to shows, visit the DCI web site, buy merchandise, or even visit DCP. All of it funnels money back to DCI, so just don't.

Oh, still posting? Well, then perhaps you'd like to take the time to explain your opinion beyond cliches and conjured figures. At least then you'd be an informative hypocrite.

Then stop supporting them. Stop supporting the elitists. Don't go to shows, visit the DCI web site, buy merchandise, or even visit DCP. All of it funnels money back to DCI, so just don't.

Oh, still posting? Well, then perhaps you'd like to take the time to explain your opinion beyond cliches and conjured figures. At least then you'd be an informative hypocrite.

Wow. That was pretty obnoxious. Generally people have to actually know me for at least a few hours before they realize I'm a hypocrite (and you should really do something about those aggro issues. Not the way to persuade and influence.) Aside from that, who are you to try and impeach my free will? Don't tell me what I should do.

As for conjured figures? Afraid not. Try looking up some of DCI's recent 990s, or talking to a few corps directors. Then you might have an actual understanding of the environment.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I am more than 50 pounds overweight (6' tall should be 180, right? haha, not me), and was often at the front of the block. Overweight does not necessarily mean slow.

Know who else impeached people's free will? Hitler

Now that Godwin's law has been fulfilled, this thread can continue along it's normal topic. Thank you for flying STFU And Take It Into PMs Airways

Wow. That was pretty obnoxious. Generally people have to actually know me for at least a few hours before they realize I'm a hypocrite (and you should really do something about those aggro issues. Not the way to persuade and influence.) Aside from that, who are you to try and impeach my free will? Don't tell me what I should do.

As for conjured figures? Afraid not. Try looking up some of DCI's recent 990s, or talking to a few corps directors. Then you might have an actual understanding of the environment.

Why even argue with him ? I learned years ago to bring my kids by the busload to hang out in the parking lot and see it up close. As long as DCI ( summer honor marching brass bands international) is just a moving billboard for Yamaha and the like..............the hell with them.

Besides, 1980 is always the kids 1st choice of DVD's on the bus, 1980, when fat kids could still march.

as Rodney would say: amp ME ? amp YOU !

:thumbs-up::thumbdown::whistle:

Know who else impeached people's free will? Hitler

Now that Godwin's law has been fulfilled, this thread can continue along it's normal topic. Thank you for flying STFU And Take It Into PMs Airways

Something to be said about beatings for not keeping the lines straight ?

( and at my age my knees hurt me ? goosestepping a few miles must have been a real PITA )

Tomorrow belongs to DCBI

I know this kid and he is quite talented. And he is not crazy overweight. Go march Blue Stars! There are a bunch of people from your area that are going. Dont let anybody keep you down. keep fighting for it. You can totally make it, just not yet. Keep spinning!

i guess i'm too old skool. I remember the time that if you breathed,, you were in. Corps used to take kids of the street,,, teach and train and yes nurture,, and produce a good solid, respectable, polite member of the local community,, It's obvious it's not about the kids anymore,,, probably hasn't been for years,,, it's all about the money and winning,, (which in itself is a good goal,, but at what expense?)

Do DC do good?/ sure,, theire education level is far and away above anything i experienced,

okay,, what am i trying to say??? i haven't a clue lol.. other than,, this trend is kinda disturbing,,, when the actual health and welfare of a kid is jeopardized , and that encouraged by staff,, who actually rewarded unhealthy,, and by the sounds of it,, dangerous habits....

sad what this activity is seemingly turning into...

Welcome to the real world!!!