Bluecoats Helmets

ussglassman

I have about 18 Bluecoats helmets that I would like to sell as collectors items. I purchased these with many others as a set from the Bluecoats in 2002 for use in my own corps, and these are the ones I have left. I am asking $25.00 each, which includes shipping. The helmets include all applicable parts to wear, as well as the HUGE plume. I do not have enough to sell as a set, but would be happy to lower the price if you buy more than one. These are the custom-designed helmets for the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps, not marching-band store knockoffs. They are USED. Some of them have minor scuffs and light yellowing discoloration from age. Please email me with your name and address if you are interested. (and BTW, the cat in the picture is NOT for sale:-)

DSCN3553.jpg

pacificlegend-3.jpg

bluecoatssopplayer.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 18 Bluecoats helmets that I would like to sell as collectors items. I purchased these with many others as a set from the Bluecoats in 2002 for use in my own corps, and these are the ones I have left. I am asking $25.00 each, which includes shipping. The helmets include all applicable parts to wear, as well as the HUGE plume. I do not have enough to sell as a set, but would be happy to lower the price if you buy more than one. These are the custom-designed helmets for the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps, not marching-band store knockoffs. They are USED. Some of them have minor scuffs and light yellowing discoloration from age. Please email me with your name and address if you are interested. (and BTW, the cat in the picture is NOT for sale:-)

DSCN3553.jpg

pacificlegend-3.jpg

bluecoatssopplayer.jpg

I guarantee you would make some more money on ebay. There are collectors from around the globe that I sell to. They would pay way more than 25.00. Don't sell too low......

Thanks. I had listed them on ebay quite some time ago and had no hits. I'll try again though, thank you!

PM sent.

sent a PM a couple days ago - did you get it? If it makes things easier, you can just send 2 to Everett and I'll get it from him.

Thanks!

sent a PM a couple days ago - did you get it? If it makes things easier, you can just send 2 to Everett and I'll get it from him.

Thanks!

He contacted me, you're good to go!

After going through the helmets, I have realized that 1/2 (9) of them have had their chin chains replaced with black rubber straps. We did this in the parade corps I used to run (www.pacificlegend.8m.com) because the members were complaining about having to "chew" on the chains because they were too short, and really didn't help to keep the helmet from sliding around on their heads. I'll try to see if I can find some more chain to replace the strap, but if you are OK with the strap and would like one as it is, please let me know. I have the first 9 spoken for already (which ALL have chains), and anyone else who is interested may get one with a minor difference than how Bluecoats originally wore them. Please continue to PM me directly so I can keep a list of everyone who is reserving one. Thanks!

Yet another helmet update. I have received a great deal of interest, and I may be able to provide everyone who has contacted me so far with an original "chained" helmet. I decided to part out a few banged up ones to make sure they have the best parts I have so that everyone can get a "good one." As of right now, I have a total of 12 "chained" helmets and 3 (possibly 5 or 6 dependng on how many get sold) "black strapped" helmets. Those of you who have spoken to me already are good to go, and if you are interested and haven't contacted me yet, I might have 1 or 2 helmets with the original chains not spoken for, so send me a PM now and I'll put you on the list. Thanks a lot!

Can't wait to get it. Thanks again!