Married and in drum corps?

It seems to me there was a couple in the Freelancers that were married. I'm thinking it was 89... but mighht have been 87, or 88. Does anyone know (just for fun of course) who they were? Did it work out? How many other couples are there that were married when they marched??? Did they get sleeping privlages?? Just wondering..... :glare:

Of course this excludes senior corps and people who met in corps and eventually got married....there has to be thousands of those....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sop soloist in Scouts 98 at the end of the opener, and some of the other sop features was married while we were on tour.

I didn't know Madison had a tour stop in Canada in 1998. :glare:

Was he married to someone else in the corps?

(I know that this is just wrong but I couldn't pass it up)

The Long Island Kingsmen had a married couple that both marched in 1974 in our corps. His name was Bill Cathcart (snare), but I cannot remember his wife's name (flag). They had their daughter on tour with us that summer. Bill also marched in 1975 and his wife was on the volunteer staff (she had aged out). The wife's brother and sister, Eddie (baritone) and Laura (cymbals) Clark, also marched with the corps in '74 and '75.

(BTW, we have alot of former members who married people from the corps, including me and my wife, Judy. I marched 16 years and Judy marched nine).

Edited by kansasDC

Bikini girl, 1987 VK show.

Married.

And OVERAGE!

Bikini girl, 1987 VK show.

Married.

And OVERAGE!

Well, duh....it's been 21 years since then. Of course she's overaged :glare:

I think I rememebr a DCW article a few years back about a guy who went on tour with one of the big corps shortly after his wedding...his wife allowed it not only because she knew how much it meant to him, she herself was in theater and understood the need to perform.

Darned if I can remember what corps it was, tho.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of marching in a jr corps while married to someone who is in that same corps, same year. How many were there??? I think the Freelancer on was the only on I know of.....