City Sound, Feb Camp

ON FEBRUARY 14TH, 15TH, AND 16TH CITY SOUND WILL BE HOLDING A WEEKEND CAMP.

CITY SOUND IS ON COURSE TO HAVE A GREAT FIRST SEASON. CITY SOUND STILL HAS SPOTS OPEN IN ALL SECTIONS SO PERFORMERS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED. DO NOT LET THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN FROM SOME OF THE TOP INSTRUCTORS IN THE AREA PASS YOU BY. (THERE WILL BE A $20.00 AUDITION FEE.)

THE CAMP WILL BE AT WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL, LOCATED AT 10860 DENKER, LOS ANGELES, CA 90047, FROM 8 AM TO 2 PM ON FEBRUARY 14TH, AND FROM 9 AM TO 6 PM ON 15TH, AND 16TH. CALL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. 323.228.7231. WWW.CITY-SOUND.ORG OR WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CITYSOUNDCORP

THERE WILL BE A $10.00 CAMP FEE, WHICH WILL COVER LUNCH AND SNACKS FOR THE THREE-DAY CAMP. (IF YOU WISH TO BUY YOUR OWN FOOD AT LOCAL FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO DO SO AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED THE $10.00 CAMP FEE.)

Had the chance to meet Nathaniel at the DCI meeting this past weekend. A great guy who has a good grasp on putting together a new unit. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them this summer (or, since I'll be on the road, hearing about their progress).

Best of luck...and, welcome to the Open Class family.

• 2 weeks later...

CITY SOUND IS ON COURSE TO HAVE A GREAT FIRST SEASON. CITY SOUND STILL HAS SPOTS OPEN IN ALL SECTIONS SO PERFORMERS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED. DO NOT LET THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN FROM SOME OF THE TOP INSTRUCTORS IN THE AREA PASS YOU BY. (THERE WILL BE A $20.00 AUDITION FEE.)

THE CAMP WILL BE AT WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL, LOCATED AT 10860 DENKER, LOS ANGELES, CA 90047, FROM 8 AM TO 2 PM ON FEBRUARY 14TH, AND FROM 9 AM TO 6 PM ON 15TH, AND 16TH. CALL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. 323.228.7231. WWW.CITY-SOUND.ORG OR WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CITYSOUNDCORP

THERE WILL BE A $10.00 CAMP FEE, WHICH WILL COVER LUNCH AND SNACKS FOR THE THREE-DAY CAMP. (IF YOU WISH TO BUY YOUR OWN FOOD AT LOCAL FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO DO SO AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED THE $10.00 CAMP FEE.)

Best of luck...and, welcome to the Open Class family.

Has City Sound been approved for DCI competition? Also, what about Cap Reg, Music City and Chippewa Valley? I thought that DCI was going to vote on these corps during the winter meeting; but I haven't seen an official announcement regarding their status.

The evaluation process involves a site visit by DCI to a camp, and that isn't usually scheduled until after the January meetings so that the groups being evaluated are able to get a few camps under their belt before being visited by DCI's evaluation team.

Then, there is a recommendation sent to the Open Class Advisory Board for a final vote.

I'm guessing it will be mid-April before any announcements are made.

Has City Sound been approved for DCI competition? Also, what about Cap Reg, Music City and Chippewa Valley? I thought that DCI was going to vote on these corps during the winter meeting; but I haven't seen an official announcement regarding their status.

Cap. Regiment should know real soon. From what i heard, they will have a DCI visitor at their Feb. camp in Coulmbus and the DCI official will then give the go ahead. We should hear with in a few weeks.

Good luck to CR (my son might want to march with them) and to all the corps.

We never hear anything becuase DCI doesn't post nearly as much news about Open Class happenings, since they think that no one really cares. </threadhijack>

The evaluation process involves a site visit by DCI to a camp, and that isn't usually scheduled until after the January meetings so that the groups being evaluated are able to get a few camps under their belt before being visited by DCI's evaluation team.

Then, there is a recommendation sent to the Open Class Advisory Board for a final vote.

I'm guessing it will be mid-April before any announcements are made.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing that applies to Memphis Sound as well?